6.16 - Grass Roots (GRS) - Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.16 - Grass Roots (GRS) - Report

This was my first GRS event to fish and first redfish tournament. I had to get back early so I was unable to stay for the results but I heard at 17lb stringer was brought in for the main division!

TXSHOCKWAVE & I fished the Grass Roots side of the event. I was on fish Friday. Saturday we had very little movement. The big reds weren't biting for us at our first spot. I finally hooked up around 6:30 with a rat red and quickly tossed it back. A few casts later and a 22" red was landed. We assumed it would soon be a cull. The bite shut down in the area and we moved to our second spot. When we did the winds were still calm, very little waves etc. We hit our next spot and had 10 fish pull off. We located a school of reds working and both of us hook up then almost simultaneously they both come off. This continued to be our luck and soon after locating the school we see the approaching rains & winds. The winds picked up from 0-5 MPH to a steady 10-15 MPH. We continued fishing in the rain working the area to no avail. We moved to our 3rd spot once the rain cleared and drifted some scattered shell over mud bottom. NOTHING. We were both very disappointed. We moved back to near our 1st spot to work a few old spots before calling it a day, frustrating to say the least. We were on fish Friday they just were not the size we were looking for Saturday. Only ended up with 1 red 4.11 lbs which was released after a rough day on the Gator-Tail. Took us 5 min to from our 1st spot to 2nd. After wind kicked up it took us 15 minutes to get back to near our 1st spot. Fun times in a flat bottom

Will be back at it again next month.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Good fishing boss man !
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

You two had a day like we had...

Comment

It's been kinda tough out there lately.
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I caught some fish on the south shoreline in the afternoon, but a guy in a white shirt running a gator tail kept fishing my water. I tried to throw the westend anglers sign but couldn't remember what had had been approved. Lol
          We struggled only catching a bunch of 19 1/2" reds. Hope you had fun Coe.
          sigpicAndrew Dykes
          www.AndcoConstruction.com
          AndrewDykes@AndcoConstruction.com
          281-850-2897

Comment

Looks like we All had the same problem a Bunch of Rat Reds & No keepers! Mama said there would be days like this!

Comment

Originally posted by ANDCO View Post
              I caught some fish on the south shoreline in the afternoon, but a guy in a white shirt running a gator tail kept fishing my water. I tried to throw the westend anglers sign but couldn't remember what had had been approved. Lol
              We struggled only catching a bunch of 19 1/2" reds. Hope you had fun Coe.

lol which boat were you in?

Comment

Working...
              X