Windy Wednesday Report.!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windy Wednesday Report.!!

Played hookie from work today & headed out..yes it was windy but we found protected water.
    Lost count on the # of Sandies we caught...gave many to my friend who was with us.
    He caught his share too & had a blast.!! We were around the Tx City Dike area. All were caught on
    Shrimp under popping corks, Croakers & free-lining shrimp...
    My son & I ended the day with 9 total.!! (5 nice Specs & 4 nice Sand Trout)
    I lost a HUGE Spec right at the net freelining the last shrimp we had when he Slammed it.!! Dayummm..
    Oh well..Great day overall except for the dang wind....
    Better than sitting in my cubicle at work.!!

Thanks Guys,
    Troutfan...
    Attached Files

Nice!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice day's work! Beats the tar outta my day!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Lucky man wtg

Comment

I definitely know it would be better than working! Nice Job!!

Comment

I have lost several nice fish close to the boat..Today I lost another...crap...
            He hit my bait way out & I got him in close before he pulled free.
            I could see his size & the specs on his side flash in the sun..
            He was pulling my drag pretty good..
            I think I may need to switch to a stiffer rod so as to set the hook better...
            I currently have a Shimano Spinning reel with 20 lb braid and a Medium action rod...
            Any thoughts on this.??

Thanks...

Comment

Congrats and good job in the wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Skeet Reese / tessera med action, shimano spinning reel, & use 6-20 lb braid Spiderwire. Maybe its the kind of hooks you are using If you are using live bait?

Comment

Originally posted by troutfan62 View Post
                  I currently have a Shimano Spinning reel with 20 lb braid and a Medium action rod...
                  Any thoughts on this.??

Thanks...
                  Sharper/better hooks.
                  "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Thanks guys.. I will be sure to check/replace my hooks with sharper ones...
                    Just hate loosing them like the one today especially when I see the size...
                    We will be back out this Sat.
                    Thinkin about drifting the huge reef out from Top Water Grill...
                    Thanks again Curmudgeon..

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

With trout it's usually never the hookset. Remember they have "paper" mouths and setting the hook like Bill Dance would probably rip it out. I use a berkley lightning rod 6'6 in medium light and usually don't lose trout...reds are a different story though :P Great report and thanks!
                        Resident Ninja

Comment

Your set up sounds just fine to me. Sometimes they just shake loose.

Originally posted by troutfan62 View Post
                          I have lost several nice fish close to the boat..Today I lost another...crap...
                          He hit my bait way out & I got him in close before he pulled free.
                          I could see his size & the specs on his side flash in the sun..
                          He was pulling my drag pretty good..
                          Any thoughts on this.??

Thanks...

Comment

Points well taken guys (Jhua & Bouy37)...yeah I guess sometimes you win & sometimes you loose...
                            As luck would have it...back at work today & the Bouy reports show wind has really dropped since yesterday...Dang...
                            Thanks again...

Comment

The lighter the better with light line for most applications in the bay.

Comment

Working...
                              X