Today at Blockade Runners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today at Blockade Runners

Really got a lot done today. I arrived at noon and met the honcho Glen. We launched the Ugly Mudda and shoved off. OOOOOPS I broke the steering cable. No problem, fire up the old Nissan kicker. It was slow going, but we made it out to the camp, unloaded, grabbed some tools and headed over to the Ghost Camp on Churchill and Cold Pass.

Glen climbed up in the camp and began tossing bags of trash and other debris out. I hauled it to the boat. When the boat looked almost full, we quit. When we made it back to the launch and loaded up the trucks, I couldn't believe my eyes. I now know the Ugly Mudda holds exactly 2 truck beds FULL of debris.

We headed back to the camp and busied ourselves with little projects until it was time to call it a day. I thought about spending the night, but since TMO couldn't make it until tomorrow it made sense for me to take the boat home. At least this way, I can throw away all the trash.

Tomorrow TMO is picking up 007's boat on the way down (Thanks for offering it up Mike!) and we'll be busting up some more stuff at the Ghost Camp. If anyone is into destruction, come have at it. We'll be out there Tues/Wed.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

you have your hands full with this project.wish i could help out but cant
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Heading out in a few hours. If anyone wants to help out, I'll buy the beer Just drive to the ramp at SLP and give me a call. 979-215-1755 - Sandy
      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I wish i could make it...
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Sandy you going to be out there next Thursday (6/18) night? If you are I might just have to come down for a visit and stay at least till Saturday Morning.
          Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

I was just talking with my 14 yr old and he's interested in helping as well. Unfortunately we have Pony all-stars going on, but if we have a window, we are in.

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
              I wish i could make it...
              ???
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
                Really got a lot done today. I arrived at noon and met the honcho Glen. We launched the Ugly Mudda and shoved off. OOOOOPS I broke the steering cable. No problem, fire up the old Nissan kicker. It was slow going, but we made it out to the camp, unloaded, grabbed some tools and headed over to the Ghost Camp on Churchill and Cold Pass.

Glen climbed up in the camp and began tossing bags of trash and other debris out. I hauled it to the boat. When the boat looked almost full, we quit. When we made it back to the launch and loaded up the trucks, I couldn't believe my eyes. I now know the Ugly Mudda holds exactly 2 truck beds FULL of debris.

We headed back to the camp and busied ourselves with little projects until it was time to call it a day. I thought about spending the night, but since TMO couldn't make it until tomorrow it made sense for me to take the boat home. At least this way, I can throw away all the trash.

Tomorrow TMO is picking up 007's boat on the way down (Thanks for offering it up Mike!) and we'll be busting up some more stuff at the Ghost Camp. If anyone is into destruction, come have at it. We'll be out there Tues/Wed.
                Not a problem bro.......you know that I trust you with it and it's there anytime you need it.
                I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Sure do appreciate it Mike. We were able to really clean that place out pretty well. Of course I'm afraid to go up the ladder, but TMO did a bunch of cutting and tossing things out. We got 2 boatloads yesterday and another today. I stopped by the dump on the way home to find there is a minimum $35 charge to dump things there! Holy Cow! I remember when the dump was free. I'll just toss it in my yard for now and it will get picked up next Wednesday I'm sure my neighbors will love me for this.

BH, I have to get my boat fixed. It looks like 007 is going to make it happen, and I'm bringing it to him up there tomorrow. Who knows how long it might take to get the parts, so I may prevail upon him for the use of his boat again. If so, I think we can make it back out there again on Friday through Saturday. It really depends on Mike and what he's doing. Keep in mind I'm 100% working right now from sunrise to sunset. We've got to get that place out of there. Once that's done, we can start enjoying the place again.

Thanks to Mike again for the boat and TMO for workin' so darn hard.

Comment

I'm up for some work when and if we do go, I'll just have to wear you out so I can wet a line here and there.
                    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Defintiely a big thanks to Mike for the boat loan, it would have made it a lot slower with your kciker on the ugly mudda! Had a great time, good to get some work done, you can't beat that porch time with a cold brew.

Comment

its time for me to go get it again im lookin for a window of oppritunity!!
                        MANVEL MOB

Comment

I might swing by there on Saturday after lunch if you want to go Dbarham....let me know and I'll come get you...at 2004 or KOA...

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                          its time for me to go get it again im lookin for a window of oppritunity!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sneekypete View Post
                            I might swing by there on Saturday after lunch if you want to go Dbarham....let me know and I'll come get you...at 2004 or KOA...
                            let me see what time i get outta work saturday sounds good!
                            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Guys, I can pick anyone up at the KOA. Thanks to 007, the Ugly Mudda has a new steering system installed. I'm posting up an invite tonight for Saturday/Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                              X