Jelly alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jelly alert

Backed off an hour this morning to see if the bite was like it was yesterday. Arriving at my spot I was greeted with rafts of mullet all over the second bar. I grabbed my equipment in my customary attire, shorts, tee shirt and barefeet. Hooked up on the first cast and thought looks like it's on. I noticed as I was stringing the fish I had that stinging sensation around my knees and legs. Upon further observation the jelly was bumper to bumper. big ones, little ones, and tweeners. They were more of a nuisance than painful but I couldn't work that jig and scratch at the same time so I left. Tourist going to be in for a surprise when the little ones start screaming. Must be mating season.

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
    Backed off an hour this morning to see if the bite was like it was yesterday. Arriving at my spot I was greeted with rafts of mullet all over the second bar. I grabbed my equipment in my customary attire, shorts, tee shirt and barefeet. Hooked up on the first cast and thought looks like it's on. I noticed as I was stringing the fish I had that stinging sensation around my knees and legs. Upon further observation the jelly was bumper to bumper. big ones, little ones, and tweeners. They were more of a nuisance than painful but I couldn't work that jig and scratch at the same time so I left. Tourist going to be in for a surprise when the little ones start screaming. Must be mating season.
    Sounds like they were trying to mate alright...with you! Was that you at the spot Monday? I moved over and you hauled ***....I guess I do have that effect on peeople!
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Yea it was bad this morning, i started from 8 mile then moved down to the pleasure pier and it was the same. Mullet everywhere, but more jellyfish
      Karma's a beach.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
        Sounds like they were trying to mate alright...with you! Was that you at the spot Monday? I moved over and you hauled ***....I guess I do have that effect on peeople!
        I was waterlogged with only a few fish and my wrists were sore. You know you can fish with me anytime. Sorry if I was rude. When you wanna go Topcat?

Comment

Best I can recall is that ammonia works well on the stings, or is it vinegar? Good post there, Harv, too bad about the jelly. Good thing they didn't get a little higher!
          Flat-out, that was me to the east when we were the only sports out there.

Comment

Originally posted by SCHU View Post
            Best I can recall is that ammonia works well on the stings, or is it vinegar? Good post there, Harv, too bad about the jelly. Good thing they didn't get a little higher!
            Flat-out, that was me to the east when we were the only sports out there.
            Oh yeah, just behind me. That was a rather slow bite. I'd hit Sunny Beach earlier, then ran to the Pass, only to get a call from Boom that fish were being caught there...so I run back, only to hear..."you should've been here an hour ago" LOL
            Oh well, can't win them all!
            Don't be a Nancy!
            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Going to run down to our sorry azzed academy and get me of those fancy magellan long wading pants. Ain't no jelly gonna stop me. I'll make me a sammich when I get those and my Asic's gels on.

Comment

Didn't think it would, have to look at wading pants, must be lighter than blue jeans.

Comment

Yeah they're cool. Sawdust was wearing some. Said they're going on six years old. Good investment.

Comment

The wading pants are the ticket for jellies. My daughter got stung pretty badly yesterday but the vinegar did the trick. We used to use Adolph's when I was a kid.
                    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I got stung once in Mexico around Boy's town. Wait wrong jelly..
                      KEEP IT WET..

Comment

thanks 4 the info! i will have to invest in some wading pants to.
                        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Thats why when i go wading I ALWAYS wear Jeans!

Comment

Wadin' panties? Oh my!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post
                              thanks 4 the info! i will have to invest in some wading pants to.

19.99 at academy - can't beat it, I wear them all the time.
                              KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Working...
                              X