Moses Lake Marina (The Fish Spot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moses Lake Marina (The Fish Spot)

Does anyone know the water depth from the Boat Launch to the flood gate? I know the flood gate is over 20ft deep! Not sure how deep it is at the Boat Launch!

No depth finder im guessing? I would say 2-5 ft. ?? Go get you a hook n line map. They have good info
    Karma's a beach.

Comment

Shrimp boats run in and out all the time.plenty deep if you stay in the channel

Comment

A hook & line map will show the channel?

Comment

Yep, but the map is not for navigation.
          Today is a new day!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg View Post
            Yep, but the map is not for navigation.
            Then what is the map for if not for navigation & water depths?

Comment

Thing change out there, those maps can be years old, most channels will be the same but depths can change quite frequent, take for example SLP area.
              Today is a new day!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg View Post
                Thing change out there, those maps can be years old, most channels will be the same but depths can change quite frequent, take for example SLP area.
                I am aware of SLP I have found lots of sand bars, My concern was by the Launch how deep was it?

Comment

Originally posted by The Fisherman View Post
                  I am aware of SLP I have found lots of sand bars, My concern was by the Launch how deep was it?
                  WHat are you launching?

Comment

Originally posted by Shortystillsurfs View Post
                    WHat are you launching?
                    deep v probably need about 3 feet of water, How deep is the boat launch @
                    Moses Lake Marina (The Fish Spot)

I was trying to go to flood gate without having to launch from tx city dike!

Comment

Originally posted by Galveston340
                      ......found this over at another fishing site.

"There is a reef to the left as you exit the canal as well as some obstructions, that I believe are marked. The reef is not marked but runs from the gate back to 146 right down the middle, may not see it if the tide is up. The gate may still be closed. Run out of the canal and head straight for the gate and you should be fine."

....and.....

"
                      On to the other thing. BE CAREFUL LAUNCHING FROM THE FISH SPOT!! Half the concrete on the launch (under the water) is no longer there. When you back your trailer enough to float your boat, the right (passenger) side will fall off, while the left (driver's side) will remain on the concrete."

...here is the number to ask Jonathan about the ramp. (409) 943-4444
                      THNX for the Info! do you know how deep it is @ the ramp?

Comment

I've never had a problem launching there.

Comment

I have a 18' Cajun and have pulled right up to the launch to pick people up. I did not have any problem. Just make sure your stay within in the marked PVC poles all the way out to the flood gate. I have seen shrimp boats up in ther so Im sure you will be ok. TAKE IT SLOW if you are not familiar with area.

Comment

Working...
                          X