Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingfish Grilled on a Cedar Plank -- Give this one a shot:

Pre-heat grill to 400 degrees.
    Take the cedar plank, lather it in olive oil and paprika, lay king fish on plank.
    Sprinkle sea salt, pepper, lemmon pepper and a few pats of butter on Kingfish.
    Grill for 30 minutes.
    Take off of grill, throw fish away and eat the cedar plank.
    Last edited by Ibtsoom; July 6, 2012, 08:26 AM. Reason: felt bad for the cedar plank
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
      Kingfish Grilled on a Cedar Plank -- Give this one a shot:

Pre-heat grill to 400 degrees.
      Take the cedar plank, lather it in olive oil and paprika, lay king fish on plank.
      Sprinkle sea salt, pepper, lemmon pepper and a few pats of butter on Kingfish.
      Grill for 30 minutes.
      Take off of grill, throw fish away and eat the cedar plank.
      LMAO...esp for feeling sorry for the cedar plank!

Comment

You all back off of the kingfish..... it's good. Don't be hate'n

Comment

As long as I have Snapper (or damn near any other fish) there is no reason EVER to eat Kingfish!
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

why do u think my nick is kingfish58

Comment

Long as you cook 'em with lots o' mustard, Tony Cachere, habanero squeezin's, and teryaki bang sauce nobody is gonna even care!

Comment

I like to eat 'em but that ain't saying much

They are actually quite good smoked on the pit or grilled fresh. I cut skinny end near the tail into some steaks to cook fresh, and the thicker part of the fish gets filleted out and cut into large pieces to smoke. I freeze the pieces in water with some salt and they hold up fine. You do have to fillet and handle them more carefully so the meat does not flake apart. Brine for 1 or 2 hours, pat dry with paper towels, and let them dry and form a glaze for an hour or so on a rack under a fan. Smoke for about 2 hours, don't overdo it, it's not a brisket.

Everyone likes the "loks-style" bagel spread made from smoked king. Some red onion, lime juice, dill, cream cheese, and you are good. You can also put it into sandwiches, quesadillas, etc... pretty versatile.

King mackerel smokes better than any fish around here. The higher oil content allows it to take up the flavor (oilier fish like salmon smoke better), and the large size means you get some decent chunks to smoke that won't dry out.

I still only keep them ~25lb or less due to the Hg content. It is easy to over-do it when they are biting, one king is enough for a fresh steak meal and a session on the pit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                  Any fish that you have to soak in mustard, soy sauce, margarita mix, milk, beer, italian dressing etc.. -- chop up -- mix with bread crumbs, mayo, curry, chili powder and every other spice in the cabinet etc.. to make it palatable, is not for me. I'd rather just drink the beer and eat the bread crumbs at that point..
                  Amen Jesus,pass the Wahoo!
                  West Bay Sensai...

Comment

I think it's a matter of taste, and to each his or her own. Myself, I like my feech with just butter and lemon, maybe some smashed Ritz crackers for salty crumbs, so I can taste how sweet the fish is. My favorite is raw or nearly raw, like snapper, tuna, and wahoo. I've eaten black drum, jack Crevalle, gafftop, and king mackerel raw to test 'em and lemme tell you - they're terrible!

Comment

You guys just cook it, call me and I'll eat it.
                      KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Working...
                      X