castaway does the towing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• castaway does the towing...

As many of you know i had a hot water alarm go off on me Saturday in lower Galvez bay...after letting the motor cool down and pulling the cowling we were able to limp back to Eagle point. I spent the rest of the day making the needed repairs...replacing the impeller.. and it was off to chocolate today. After waking up late, i had a buddy meet me at the ramp. We hit up a spot one of his buddy's told him about and it turned out to be sandie heaven.
    My buddy only had a couple hours to fish so i dropped him off at the ramp and went back out. After a hour on one of my spots with only 1 small trout to show for it i notice a boat coming near me. The guy passes close enough for each of us to nod at each other. As he goes by i can hear is engine running but something don't seam right. He is moving but really slow, when i look towards him a few minutes later i see him on the front with a paddle in his hand trying to steer the boat.
    Well fishing is over for me, after securing everything on my boat i am in route to help. As we are tying off a rope i ask him went wrong, he says he lost his prop and that he has wired a knife to the prop shaft. The knife he says pushes him a little bit but he cant steer. The picture says it all....

One day your the "almost pullie" the next day your the puller...

He makes the 6th person in the last 2 years if have either pulled off a reef or pulled to a ramp in the Galveston bay ar...when is karma going to shine on me...lol...

After i pulled him to 2004 i went back to the first spot and.....more sandies.....lol
    Attached Files

It will come bro,funny thing is when I was young I had a 25 evenrude and if I hit any thing I would shear a pin in the prop. I have made many of pins out of fie gallon buckets handles ,nails ,wire, etc. ,any way to make it home .
    Way to help him out Cast. ,
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Nice job! You gotta admire the guy's handiwork.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

You Da Man!! dont worry it all comes back to us! One day You will need the Help & Someone will help You! Great Job!!

Comment

Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good going sir.
            KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Karma will be shining on you bro.

Comment

Good man

Comment

That's excellent...;..