Shimano Chronarch 200E6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shimano Chronarch 200E6

I stopped at Academy on my way home from work yesterday and purchased a Chronarch 200e6. Had it spooled with some 12lb Suffix Mono. Also purchased a Falcon HD 6'6" rod.

This is my first baitcaster. I've always used spinning reels. I hope the learning curve isn't too steep. I'd love to convert all of my rigs to these type units just to save on stowage space. They are so much more compact.

Since Aqua Pimp let my wife use his baitcaster(I knew that was gonna cost me some money) on our recent trip with him, she has been wanting one. I figured we'd start with this one, and see how we both like it before we purchase another one.

We're looking forward to trying it out on some trout this Sunday. Wish us luck!
    "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Can be discouraging at first but stick with it and you'll be happy you did.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

The chronarch is my fav reel. No issues with it thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
        Can be discouraging at first but stick with it and you'll be happy you did.

x2. Pull out 4 brakes and adjust the spool tension knob and start practicing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
          x2. Pull out 4 brakes and adjust the spool tension knob and start practicing.
          ??? Leave the brakes out???

Comment

Originally posted by FishNette View Post
            ??? Leave the brakes out???

open the side plate, there are 6 brakes sitting on pins attached to the spool. Push them all in and then pop 4 of them out. Helps with backlash.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Gilbert. I'll try that.

Comment

No prob. I've also found that Shimano has put a lot of grease on the new reels. Sounds crazy but I always clean brand new reels to remove excess grease and clean out the bearings then add a small amount of oil to them. Makes a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                  No prob. I've also found that Shimano has put a lot of grease on the new reels. Sounds crazy but I always clean brand new reels to remove excess grease and clean out the bearings then add a small amount of oil to them. Makes a big difference.
                  x2-they overload the grease.
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Once you go to a baitcaster you wont go back. I would recommend spooling it up with Fins Windtamer braid after you get the hang of it.

Comment

Remember you don't have to cast hard to cast far also. Adjust it well and cast easy until you get used to it and you will be casting into 20mph winds in no time.
                      I love my chronarchs!
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
                      X