Ancient phones rule!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancient phones rule!

So everyone here knows how anti-technology I am. Everyone knows how much I love my 9 year old Nokia phone. Well, it lives again. I was car shopping with my dad the other day and it was sitting on the center console. I stopped short at a red light and it slid straight into a nice tall glass of ice water. Plunk!

It has been dunked several times over the years, so I knew the drill. Take the battery out, dry it off, put it in a bag of dried rice for a couple days. Put it back together tonight and heard that familiar dee dee dee dee deeeee. It lives!

Do that several times with your Iphone and see what happens.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

nice

Comment

I've got a rotary phone, avocado green circa 1970 at home, but I gave up the landline when I got a cell. It was a big step for me.
      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
        I've got an old Crank style phone, wood box, black earpiece circa 1930 at home, but I gave up the landline when I got a cell. It was a big step for me.
        I fixed it for you Sandy.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I wish I had a crank phone. It would make fishing much easier.

Comment

I did that with my crappy pantech phone except in saltwater!! It fired right up the next day.
            Tight Lines

Comment

I have done that with my I phone 4 , It was left in my pocket when I got in the water to wade and it never even turned off! Two days later dropped it in the bottom of a john boat that was full of water from a storm... again it never turned off. I never put it in rice or even tried to dry it off. I know it was a rare case and I was really lucky but hey, I can't say anything bad about that particular phone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Slll

Comment

We have a Bell rotary pay phone that we still use in our den.
                Walker

Anegada, BVI (N18° 44.683' W64° 24.133')
                and
                Houston (Clear Lake City)

Comment

Sandy...I've had 3 smartphones in the last 2 years...guess what I'm using now? My old 5 year old Gzone, water-proof, shock proof...and most importantly FlatoutFishin proof, and the battery last for like 3 days between charges! Sometimes, you just need to step back a little! And did i mention the $60 less a month due to NO data charges!
                  Don't be a Nancy!
                  If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Does it take dimes?

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    We have a Bell rotary pay phone that we still use in our den.

Comment

If anyone has an old pay phone I am looking for one. Or a phone booth! If you have somehing old let me look at it and make a offer. Still looking for a vintage talking GI Joe with kung fu grip
                      Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

All cell phones suck...many an innocent man has been busted by a wife or girlfriend going thru his cell phone

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
                          All cell phones suck...many an innocent man has been busted by a wife or girlfriend going thru his cell phone
                          Sounds like first person knowledge to me.
                          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

NoBama

Comment

Mine is just a year or so younger than that one.

Comment

Working...
                              X