Suggestions for the next few weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for the next few weeks

Now that its getting even hotter can ya'll tell me some suggestions for where and hot to fish in August-September. I've never fished here late summer. I have some buddies coming down next week and want to catch some fish.

PS... we don't mind using bait

Thanks for any tips

Try fishing the lights at the causeway or Tiki to get out of the heat.
    Attached Files
    Resident Ninja

Comment

Nuff said.

Comment

x2
        KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Night fishing if the skeeters ain't bad ... dawn patrol on the surf should be getting good ... I'll cast a few arties about 6-8 in the evening on the beach as well. I've been watching the surf for bait balls and diving birds but haven't seen any yet ... too hot now in the Dog Days of August ... things will improve quickly I sure hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
            Try fishing the lights at the causeway or Tiki to get out of the heat.
            haha I see what you did there. You can't go wrong in lights. Just be careful running at night.
            Team Rolling Thunder

Comment

Deep shell reefs are holding the better bite right now. 6' or deeper using Shrimp has been the best for me keying in on slicks. Some of the reefs I'm fishing are sitting in over 10' of water. We are catching 30 to 60 Trout a trip on these deeper reefs. Free lined shrimp has worked best for me.

AQUA PIMP
              AQUA PIMP......
              "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Thanks for the tip there, Pimp!

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
                  Deep shell reefs are holding the better bite right now. 6' or deeper using Shrimp has been the best for me keying in on slicks. Some of the reefs I'm fishing are sitting in over 10' of water. We are catching 30 to 60 Trout a trip on these deeper reefs. Free lined shrimp has worked best for me.

AQUA PIMP
                  Perfect.... Da Pimp Knows. also, rivers hold a lot more fish than we think this time of year...trick is learning how to find them in the rivers. Definitely deep, and definitely using slicks. Current is going to be important as well.
                  TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Before I got my boat thats all I did was night fish!! That would be a good choice!! Good Luck & YES don't forget the mosquito Spray!! LOL

Comment

Thanks for all the tips! I'm always greatful for the info I get on here. Hopefully at some point I'll "know" the area good enough to give my advice but for know I'll just listen and learn.

Comment

Working...
                      X