The Shallowist Capt. Steve Soule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shallowist Capt. Steve Soule

If you have not seen Capt. Steves commercial video on youtube you need to check it out! I did and it was EPIC!!! After watching it I had to bug steve for a quick scouting trip to West bay scouting for redfish. We fished hard in some productive spots that Capt. Steve had fished before but the tides were just not in our favor. As the morning sped by before you know it, its 1:15pm and I see my first red. Missed my first shot,then 3 others! Now there are 3 mud boils and I had been getting to jacked up and missing shots on these fish. Stve assures me to calm down and sure enough red#1 gets stuck. Such an awesome feeling to hunt for these redfish. Then I spots 2 others swimming by in pair,missed the first shot,they swim away from me. Capt. Soule says "I,ve never seen a red hit a lure as it is swimming away from you" Then BAM instant hookup for red#2! It's on and I am beside myself in excitement as the rush comes when you stick these fish-sight casting to them in GALVESTON !!! Capt. Soule continues to pole us around and we notice a bunch of fish happily cruising the bend as we approach them. Steve insists "no noise"-LOL
    3 reds spook off and go out 60 yds off the bank and start mud boiling- I immediately cast my Hogie into ther mud boil and WAMMO another hookup for red#3 but this one shook off! We continue around the point for the last of the flat and we see a red up shallow cursing around,Capt Steve poling us into position,then the cast and BAM the final red is on!!!! Just EPIC to see these fish and coak them into biting these shad tails. The trip reminded me a lot of down south in Mansfield were I would sight cast to reds all the time... If you haven't been out with Capt.Steve you don't know what you are missing!!! Thanks Capt. Steve!!!! I have been out with a lot of guides in my time-some of the best but I have to say Steve is probably one of the most informative teaching guides on the coast today-I met him years ago when Gulf Coast Connection was still a newspaper and Steve used to write for Gene Baker (back when it wasn't advertisements-LOL) I liked reading his writes and thats how we became friends. Check out that vid-peace out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyP3ZTZ7pko

Comment

Nice post. Welcome aboard!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

There are several others as well.
        Sight casting redfish on fly on shallow water grass flats.

"Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

X2.
          TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Working...
          X