X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep...that's one
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

I catch them on occasion around Freeport, but not for the past 2 years. They are as good eating as any snapper, just smaller. BTW they are also called Grey Snapper. http://www.rodnreel.com/gulffish/gul...view&FishID=63
      A bad day beats a good day at work.

Comment

Thanks. It's sure a pretty little fish. A lot more color than any of the pictures that I found on line.

Comment

Originally posted by trseato View Post
          Thanks. It's sure a pretty little fish. A lot more color than any of the pictures that I found on line.
          Small inshore in the bays but the TX record is a little over 18 pounds and 28 inches - not a bad catch. If that was a spotted seatrout it would be a MONSTER.

Comment

I have caught quite a few in Matagorda/Sargent. They are awsome on the grill. I like to filet them, leave the scales on, and cook them over a flame. The meat peels right off the skin after cooked! One of my favorite fish. Best bait is cut mullet or live shrmp.

Comment

theres none in chocolate or any other species
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

You will find them by the jetties or rip rap
                Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Not sure about the NFIC, AFIC camps, but when in Sabine, we always make some time for 'groves. Lots of 'em on the rip-rap of the LNG terminal. Scrappy fish and fantastic on the table!
                  "You've got to think lucky. If you fall into a mudhole, check your back pocket, you might have caught a fish" - Darrell Royal

Comment

I have caught quite a few of them at the tcd recently, they make for great fish tacos!! Still have a few in the freezer for the grill too.
                    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Slll

Comment

I've caught a lot of them in the Brownsville ship channel down south-great to eat-teeth will bite you
                      Promote Good Sportmanship

Comment

Used to catch em quite a bit under SLP bridge
                        if i dnt catch dinner, i will catch a buzz. it works out!

Comment

Working...
                        X