Pressure Washer: Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure Washer: Need Help

Alright guys, I am working on this man's pressure washer for him. It has a 6.5 hp honda gx200 motor on it. I pulled the carb off and gave it a good cleaning, put some fresh gas in, and it fired up. The problem is when I throttle up to high rpms, it surges, and when you take the choke off it surges bad and sometimes dies. What do y'all think is wrong with it? Thanks

Tight Lines
    Tight Lines

Paul, it's CHOKE!
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Yup! Atleast he remembered the h... Anyways, I cleaned the main jet again, and I still have similiar problems. It runs fine on choke on full throttle, but when I take it off of choke on full throttle, it surges again. Also, it runs fine off of choke until about half throttle, and from there it boggs down when you throttle up, dropping in rpm. Also, it is backfiring like crazy (I even had a flame come out of the muffler!!) Any suggestions?? Thanks

Tight Lines
      Tight Lines

Comment

Pm rollo the Honda expert
        May your rod never go limp

Comment

Alright, I just pulled the plug and it is a Champion RN11YC4. I cleaned it to where it was spotless this morning and producing a good spark. When I pulled it, it is fouled like the worst I have ever seen for running it about 30 minutes... what could be causing this?? Thanks.
          Tight Lines

Comment

Check the intake side for leaks and the proper and clean air filter, you may have to pitch that cheap little carb in the trash and start fresh....make sure no air leaks down stream of the carb also!.....Thanks Leo you know how much I love me some Hondas!
            West Bay Sensai...

Comment

OK now, this is a family show! LOL!
              West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Originally posted by Rollo View Post
                OK now, this is a family show! LOL!

Comment

How exactly do I check for air leaks? Thanks.
                  Tight Lines

Comment

Alright, I got the carb cleaned again, and it is running better, but sometimes it just surges and stalls and then dies without the choke on. How do y'all remove the main jet on these carbs? I am trying screwdrivers, but none of them bite good enough. Thanks
                    Tight Lines

Comment

Working...
                    X