Any Blue Wave 1900 STL owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Blue Wave 1900 STL owners?

We are looking into the Blue Wave 1900 STL. We're looking for input from 1900 STL owners. We
    would really appreciate any input. We fish mainly in the Galveston Bay complex. We'd like to
    know:
    What size motor do you have and do you wish you had more?
    How fast they go (with a particular motor)?
    Do you have a jackplate?
    How dry of a ride does it provide?
    How shallow can they go?
    What kind of sea they can handle ( 1 ft, 2 ft, etc)?
    Have you taken it offshore (less than 5 miles or so)?
    How has the boat held up (hardware, fiberglass, etc.)?
    Any feedback is most appreciated!

'99 189 Classic (not STL)

I don't have the STL. I run a 19' classic, but I'll still answer your questions based off my hull in case it can help you in any way.

What size motor do you have and do you wish you had more? A 115hp (rejeted to a 130hp). I will be putting a 150 on the back in a couple of years. Why? Just because...
    How fast they go (with a particular motor)? I touch 40 with my current prop
    Do you have a jackplate? Bob's 6"
    How dry of a ride does it provide? Very dry (unless I am getting quartered)
    How shallow can they go? Couldn't tell you. I don't run in skinny bay systems
    What kind of sea they can handle ( 1 ft, 2 ft, etc)? I have had it in 3' swells and it sucked big time.Have you taken it offshore (less than 5 miles or so)? Never
    How has the boat held up (hardware, fiberglass, etc.)? The boat is a '99 and still solid

Would I buy another one? YES!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by buoy37; August 24, 2012, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Nice lokking boat.

Comment

What size motor do you have and do you wish you had more? I have a 90hp 2 stroke. I'd rather have a 150hp 4 stroke just because that's the max size allowed.
        How fast they go (with a particular motor)? Mine with go 40 mph with a light load and the wind at my back.
        Do you have a jackplate? No, but I wish I did!
        How dry of a ride does it provide? Very dry and smooth except in extremely windy conditions.
        How shallow can they go? I can drift in 1 ft of water, but need 2 ft to get on plane.
        What kind of sea they can handle ( 1 ft, 2 ft, etc)? 2 ft seas are no problem. 3 ft seas it gets a little dicey.
        Have you taken it offshore (less than 5 miles or so)? I've had my boat out 15 miles on calm days.
        How has the boat held up (hardware, fiberglass, etc.)? Overall it has held up very well. The latches on the dry storage and live well did not last.

Here's my sled. It's a 2002 190C Special (semi-tunnel). If you have an option get a Coastline trailer. I had to rebuild the McClain aluminum trailer that came with mine. I replaced the axle, winch and every cadium plated bolt.
        Attached Files
        A bad day beats a good day at work.

Comment

Love mine. I have a 115 Yamaha 4 stroke and I run about 33mph with a few people in the boat. I have a hydraulic jackplate, but I don't think they are necessary without a tunnel hull (just my opinion)...get some trim tabs and a cavitation plate instead. It takes me ~2 ft depth to get on plane and draft about 11", but I've run it open in a couple inches skinnier than that. I don't go offshore...handled a little chop in the bay pretty dry, but if you get a 20+ mph wind kinda day it may get midievil. Boat's an '06 and it looks awesome.

I'd buy it again, but I'm always of the opinion that the best boat to have is multiple boats because none of them do everything you want to do.

Comment

Greetings fellow boaters. I am new to the site as of today. I recently purchased a 2011 Blue Wave 19STL with a Suzuki DF115. I love the boat however, I need help in solving an issue. When running 3500rpm's or higher I cavitate (or ventilate) when I make a turn. I've put a new hub in the prop, lowered the motor, and tried a 4 blade prop. My next step is to lower the jack plate mount based on research. Currently, the top of the jack plate is even with the top of the transom. If anyone has the same set up I would appreciate some in input in terms of how far is the top of your jack plate in relation to the top of the transom. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
            X