Thinking About Pulling The Trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking About Pulling The Trigger

Alright, I'm thinking about buying a manual jack plate for my whaler 13. Right now, I can run in about 1.2 or 1.3 and get up in 1.5. Do y'all have any thoughts about this? I know the whaler has it's shallow water limits, but is it realistic to run in less than a foot to 10" of water? Right now I have a lot of lower unit hangin down below the transom. Thanks guys.
    Tight Lines

Dont do it man! Hydraulic is the only way to go. Those manual plates are not nearly as easy to adjust as they claim to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-x Fan View Post
      Alright, I'm thinking about buying a manual jack plate for my whaler 13. Right now, I can run in about 1.2 or 1.3 and get up in 1.5. Do y'all have any thoughts about this? I know the whaler has it's shallow water limits, but is it realistic to run in less than a foot to 10" of water? Right now I have a lot of lower unit hangin down below the transom. Thanks guys.
      Is your cav plate level with the bottom of your boat??
      Karma's a beach.

Comment

bob's is the way to go. You can come see mine if you like.
        KEEP IT WET..

Comment

The cavitation plate is a little below the bottom. As far as hydraulic, i don't have that kind of dough to shell out right now. Maybe I might be able to find a good used hydro plate?
          Tight Lines

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-x Fan View Post
            The cavitation plate is a little below the bottom. As far as hydraulic, i don't have that kind of dough to shell out right now. Maybe I might be able to find a good used hydro plate?
            I will keep an eye out for you.
            KEEP IT WET..

Comment

It should be level with the bottom of the boat. I got with evans marine about my old motor, and he said he could get me the jack plate, and install it for around 700.00. You should get with him. Or, just run on high tide lol . When i had my old motor and wanted to go shallow at low speeds i would stand on the very front of the boat and steer. ( if i was by myself ) I had a piece of conduit mounted on the tiller where i could accelerate, slow down , and steer. lol But you have to tilt it up as much as u can, but still give the water pump enough water to pee.
              Karma's a beach.

Comment

Thats what I do right now, or if i hit bottom, I just jump out. This boat floats in a little bit above ankle deep water. I'm not sure if I could justify spending 700 for a jack plate on a non-tunnel hull boat this small.
                Tight Lines

Comment

It would give you maybe 6 more inches maybe running? Not sure.
                  Karma's a beach.

Comment

What about one of those that you can adjust with just one bolt? I found one of those for 150. Thanks
                    Tight Lines

Comment

Working...
                    X