Navionics® Platinum+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navionics® Platinum+

Anyone have the Navionics® Platinum+ in a Lowrance HDS. Is it worth the $200?
    -----------------------
    .~~~~ ~~~~~~~ www.saltwaterhooker.net

Id like to know also, been considering the upgradd

Comment

Lori

Here is the link to the old thread on this.

It's about the best out there for the Lowrance, with that said it could be a lot better if they would update the charts.

Kenny had a post on here or TOS on the Navionics Platinum + also.
      "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I went to Breakwater, they were not very helpful, if your buying new electronics from them they probably are more helpful. Guess I will go to Bass Pro Shop at least there I can compare units side by side.
        -----------------------

Comment

I bought the Lowrance HDS 5 and added the Navionics Platinum Western Gulf Coast charts. I d always had Garmin with their good charts before.
          The Lowrance is Ok, and I like the square, side by side display better than the new Garmin over and under display. I doubt it will last as long as a Garmin. The chart I bought was definitely not worth $200., but the basic chart my unit came with was reeeeealy worthless.
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I agree Garmin charts are better but they don't have sidescan so I went with Lowrance. May have to add my old Garmin to my console.
            -----------------------

Comment

Working...
            X