Happy Birthday to My Hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday to My Hero

Today would be my uncle Gerald "Giggs" Gothard's 86th birthday. No one in this world taught me more about life than this man. He taught me how to fish, hunt, sit up straight, cuss, spit, run a trotline, drive a boat, play the guitar, how to treat a woman with respect and how to walk away when what I really wanted to do was fight. I am the man I am because if this man. So happy birthday to you uncle Giggs -- hope you're bowed up on a big ole fish somewhere, and wherever I am, you're right there with me.

We are who we are because of the ones who came before us. So if your hero is still around take the time to let them know how much they mean to you.

Tight Lines
    Mike
    Shut up and FISH!!

Happy Birthday Uncle,I would have enjoyed making your aqaintance...Have agood one out there!!
    West Bay Sensai...

Comment

To cool Istboom , You make me think off some Ihave lost , Yes he taught you right cuz you are a step up dude !!!!
      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Great post Mile. That speaks volumes.
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
          Great post Mile. That speaks volumes.
          X2!

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
            X2!
            X3.
            KEEP IT WET..

Comment

happy B day
              75% Saltwater 5% led 20 % soft plastic 99% Alcohol 500% Fish stories = the make up of an angler.

Comment

Sounds like the kind of man we'd all like to be remembered as. If not for men like this, we'd all be poorer people.
                From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

X2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A BIG AMEN. GREAT POST. My DAD was the same way. passing his traditions to other folks and making a difference. again, GREAT POST. lORD BESS.
                    robert
                    And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Working...
                    X