468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else have trouble in West this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else have trouble in West this weekend?

This weekend i mightve fished 15-20 hours in the past 2 days and havent gotten a good bump all weekend. We ran all over the bay as well as way up in chocolate, and fished the pier at night and didnt catch a single thing. Am i the only one who had trouble in west this weekend?

Russ

The only consistent action was under the lights. A few BIG reds during the day on finger mullet.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Hey thats way better than how we did!

Comment

I fished Friday with no luck. Drifted reefs in Choc Bay, Fished mouths of bayou and nothing worth speaking off. Threw it all, shrimp, popping, spoons, etc... We caught good buzz and some sun

Comment

Add in some west wind and a full moon and turn out the lights,We ground a few nice keepers on croaker East Bay....Lot a grinding too!
          West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Fished far west yesterday and caught 6 trout ..17"-23" one alittle over 25" very tuff !! bite was at daylight on green back super spook...

Comment

Didn't even launch the boat all weekend. Too crazy. Caught a few decent trout off the dock last night though. Got ran off by mosquitoes after about half an hour.
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

We caught two limits of reds Saturday night wading near the sulfur ditch using spinner baits. The bite did, start till after midnight.

Comment

Walked into the ss Saturday morning right around first light...lost one decent trout on a top water early...caught 2 reds and 1 other keeper trout on plastic...missed 2 other bumps by around 9:30 when I started being strafed by jet skis; I don't think they have ill intent but they just don't understand that it messes up the fishing when they run between you and the shorline, I was probably 75-80yds off the shoreline but still...it was and is still worth the sunrise and the trip........

Comment

reds and flounder were good on Sunday.

Comment

Re: Anyone else have trouble in West this weekend?

Originally posted by Jeff barton View Post
                      We caught two limits of reds Saturday night wading near the sulfur ditch using spinner baits. The bite did, start till after midnight.
                      NFIC
                      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Steady action today off the dock, but nary a single keeper.
                        From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I blame it on Blue Star ointment up in the sky.
                          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Now i feel like a terrible fisherman, seems like everyone else caught fish! Good job guys. Maybe next weekend will be better

Russ

Comment

Re: Anyone else have trouble in West this weekend?

It was tough this weekend.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                              X