Diversonary Canal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diversonary Canal

Was wondering if the rainwater runoff last week freshened up the canal any or at all. Doesn't really matter a whole lot when I'm looking for flounder but was thinking of fishing the pipeline out towards the mouth. Someone know?

It looks surprisingly good for the amount of rain we had. Go for it.. NFIDC!
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thanks, Ibtsoom. Not tea colored I presume. Want to slow bounce some tails down that dropoff.

Comment

Diversonary Canal

Not tea colored behind the house so I'm guessing it's good where you're going. Usually gets better out that direction- there's a lot more tide movement down that way.
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Diversonary canal ? I have heard people talk about that but dont know where its located?

Comment

Diversonary Canal

Runs from Santa fe / Hitchcock area roughly along the path of old basford bayou. Was opened up in the early 80's to divert flood water. Dumps out just east of harborwalk. No fish in there.
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

One of the most misunderstood spots in west galveston bay. Launched hundreds of times at second street to fish my spots in upper west galvo and ended up never leaving that place. NFID.

Comment

The hardheads and turd rustlers usually take care of the floaters long before they reach the fish zones and far better water than the cyanide and benzene around the chem plants and refineries elsewhere.

Comment

Actually, I was referring to TC turning basin and Swan Lake area around Virginia Point where we tried to cover all the PCB's with 3000 loads of clay fill a few years back. But since you mention it 340, who's to argue? BTW Christmas is the only real pristine water.

Comment

Depends on where "da Bayou" is? If you're talking Hall's I'd tend to probably agree. If, on the other hand it's Dickinson I'm lmao.

Comment

I've heard of that.... push poles generally scare them trout, and then they burp up whatever they been eating. Whenever you see that, be sure to stop and make a few casts around there.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
                        far better water than the cyanide and benzene around the chem plants and refineries elsewhere.
                        One of the good things about global warming is that the depleted ozone layer allows more ultraviolet light to reach the surface waters. The UV tends to break the double bonds in the benzene and the triple bonds in cyanide rendering them inert. So those waters are okay to fish in. On the other hand, the dioxin and PCBs released into Chocolate back in the late 1980s are much more dangerous. Probably be 50 years before that stuff degenerates to less than toxic levels. Everyone should know where this photo was taken.... On a good note, must mention that at least TPWD is doing all they can to crack down on them SOB potlickers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sign.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	557828

Comment

Headed that way in a few minutes, Cat. That black man was probably big Prentiss. He can outfish you, Rocky and littlebote. LMAO.

Comment

Hey Cat, got this message late. Not trying to dis you my buddy. Call me, I lost your # somehow.

Comment

Sweet, Joe. Happy Birthday!

Comment

Working...
                              X