Pew Report on "Overfishing in the GOM" = Bullchip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pew Report on "Overfishing in the GOM" = Bullchip

According to a study by "ECOTRUST" (doesn't the name imply biased BS to start with), decades of overfishing in the Gulf of Mexico have stripped the five-state region of tens of millions of dollars in economic activity in recent years, according to a report released Tuesday.

The study by Ecotrust, a Portland, Ore.-based conservation group, found that Gulf states, including Texas, lost $13 million annually between 2005 and 2009 because of fewer recreational fishing trips targeting severely depleted red snapper.

The amount represents money that was not spent on boat rentals, charter fees, tackle and bait and other direct expenses.

The group estimated the losses increased to $33 million a year when spending on restaurants, hotels and other related businesses is included.

The Gulf region also lost millions each year because of overfishing of gag, gray triggerfish and greater amberjack, the study found.

MY TAKE ON THIS: YES, WE HAVE LOST MILLIONS BECAUSE THE GD NMFS AND GULF COUNCIL ARE A BUNCH OF SELF-SERVING BASTERDS MADE UP OF COMMERCIAL FISHERMEN THAT RAPE AND PLUNDER THE RED SNAPPER STOCKS WHILE LEAVING THE RECREATIONAL FISHERMEN PICKING UP THE CRUMBS-I WISH THE NMFS AND GULF COUNCIL WOULD GET ON A COMMERCIAL BOAT AND SINK IN 300' OF WATER. COMMERCIALS GET TO FISH ALL FOCKING YEAR-WE GET 40 GD DAYS, OF WHICH 30 ARE BLOWN OUT BY THE WIND UNLESS YOU OWN A 100' BOAT-THE COMMERCIALS DEPLETE THE STOCKS, NOT THE RECREATIONAL FISHERMEN YA BUNCH OF IDIOTS.

TAKE YOUR GD, TWISTED, BS STUDY AND GO SHOVE IT UP A COMMERCIAL FISHERMEN'S AZZ PEW GROUP AND "ECOTRUST" - BUNCH OF STUPID POS TREE HUGGERS THAT HAVE NO CLUE-LIKELY ALL OBAMA SUPPORTERS SINCE THEY GIVE OUT HALF-ASSED FACTS WHILE LEAVING THE REAL STORY OUT-JERKFACE IDIOTS. MORE "SPIN MEISTERS".
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Thousands of fisherman did not fish the gulf this year because the triggerfish is overfished. Is that what they are implying? Seriously, overfished triggerfish have hurt our economy.

Comment

One must remember that the NMFS ignores Texas and Louisiana fish stocks in their species assessments and generally relies on Florida fish stocks. Florida does not have 1000s of Platforms providing a home to abundant snapper stocks like Texas and Louisiana. We are penalized or is that penistrated due to the control of our offshore waters by a bunch of commercial fisherman that RAPE our waters 12 months a year, plus they can retain 13" snapper. We get a short window of 40 days-totally unfair and unjust. IMO, each offshore recreational fishermen should be allowed to take 2 commercial fishermen as a bag limit-ak 47's or even a .22 should be legal for taking one-however, once you clean the sheeet out of one of those commercials, all you have left is a forked tongue, white boots and a pile of sheeet-not one thing edible.

BTW, that PEW/Ecotrust report does not say one word about the massive commercial harvest-probably money from commercials was given to PEW to help fund the POS "Study".
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

How do you really feel?

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
          How do you really feel?
          I love them-they are great folks merely protecting the interests for the future of our children's children so the world can be a better place and all people have the exact same opportunity to catch and release fish while eating soylent green with their comrades at the Politburo. can you spell a-n-a-r-c-h-i-s-t-s?

Comment

Soylent Green IS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!
            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
              Soylent Green IS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!
              You spoiled the end of the Movie Sandy!! These young folks are saying "WTH is Soylent Green?"!!! And it is DEAD People-they kill ya and then turn ya into MRE's.

Comment

Working...
              X