Topwaters and seagulls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topwaters and seagulls?

Haven't tried topwaters in saltwater yet, but am considering giving it a try. Anyone ever had a seagull sweep down and grab it up? Say you were fishing under birds, would anyone even try a topwater?

many of times /
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

topwaters always and birds will come down and let ya know youre doing it right! If your fishing under birds i would throw something heavy and deep bigger ones under the schoolies
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
        topwaters always and birds will come down and let ya know youre doing it right! If your fishing under birds i would throw something heavy and deep bigger ones under the schoolies
        Rem. them sharks that where blowing my top up ,then the guy next to us ???????
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
          Rem. them sharks that where blowing my top up ,then the guy next to us ???????
          you un hooked sharks for an hour for everyone them dudes was chittin! all on tops
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Once you learn to fool the seagulls you have mastered the art of Yodi topwater 101.Nearly every trip i have a gull attack my top.I know some of the best pelican topwater wranglers on the water.
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

LOL! Damn G340, that is funny!!!!

Okay, so I am talking about do you guys that fool the seagulls actually ever CATCH the seagulls by accident? What then? How much of a battle is it to get them seagulls off the hook?

Comment

Hey reeltime you know who this is?
                Attached Files
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Pretty much every time I go out, a seagull attacks my topwater... to avoid a hookup, you have to have a relatively fast gear ratio!!! Haha!
                  Tight Lines

Comment

If you hook one, just throw a towl over its head and then go to work. Seems to calm them down. I tired it on my wife last time she was pissed and Ohhh boy I wouldn't recommend that one.lmao!!!
                    KEEP IT WET..

Comment

live bait and somebody from the land of the lost!
                      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Seagull Gumbo is regularly served at Blockade Runners-he says it's "chicken"-so do all cajuns.
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Never caught no seagull on a topwater but I did catch a pelican on a big minnow. Got him good in his mouth pouch and he was pizzed! Took off flying and I had to reel him in on my coffee grinder. Sum-buck could pull good, and peeled off some drag before I cranked her down.

Just then some pointed haired "biologist" shows up with two serving of guilt and a heapin' lecture 'bout not catching "his" birds. I had the hook about out of this flappin' mess and he takes my pelican away! Lucky me, the pelican decided it was time to go to the bathroom. Douched him all down his birdwatcher khaki Magellan shirt.

Yup, it was purdy "khaki" after that.

Comment

the worst is when seagulls fly into your topwater when you cast.
                            75% Saltwater 5% led 20 % soft plastic 99% Alcohol 500% Fish stories = the make up of an angler.

Comment

Never caught a seagull in my life. Guess I had the wrong bait.

Comment

Working...
                              X