Where to fish in Galveston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to fish in Galveston?

I just purchased a boat and new to Galveston. Can anyone suggests where to launch the boat and where to fish? I want to have a little actions so my kids won't get borred and cry to go home. Thanks.

Paul asks a good question...when I have my kids with me I will often cruise to the back of Greens Lake where it gets deep and throw bait on bottom...kids always hook up...I would however NOT go back there unless you have someone show you the way as it can get real shallow...that goes for all of West Bay actually.
    sigpic

Comment

yeah, were going to need some more info
      FPIII

Salt Water Fishn Is My Heritage

Comment

Welcome aboard.
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Welcome To FWE
          I COME FROM THE WATER!!!

Comment

Welcome. You can follow me around any time.
            KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Re: Where to fish in Galveston?

Welcome! ! And best place in my opinion to fish is in the water..... Sorry had to ive heard it a million times hahaha. It depends on ur location!

Comment

I now reside in League City and do not want to trailer the boat too far with my kids in the vehicle. If anyone in this forum can give few points of fishing around the causeway or near by would greatly appreciated. I have a Scout Sportfishing 187 center console with 150 yamaha. Thanks for a warm welcome from all members in this forum.

Comment

Welcome to the site. You can launch at Fat Boys. Last exit to right just before the causeway will take you to it. Go slow for first time out. Dont know that area well, but near the causeway railroad bridge seems like a good place to start. Not to offend, but have you fished much?

Comment

You might want to consider hiring a guide to show you around the area. I am sure one of the many VERY good ones on this site could show you some places to take your kids. There are a lot of places to fish around the causeway, Jones Lake, ect. Many of those areas are also on the Hook n Line maps.

Comment

I think hiring a guide is the best thing you can do and in the long run will save you many hours and dollars hunting and pecking. If you have to go right now I would launch at the Yatch Basin and fish the protected areas of Pelican Island or the around the Texas A&M campus. I point these two places out because the of deep water and you are taking kids. If your taking buddies then head striaght out the channel and fish the jetties. There are some real good areas along the jetties but you'll have to find them yourself.

Tight Lines-

Comment

Originally posted by dPop View Post
                        You might want to consider hiring a guide to show you around the area. I am sure one of the many VERY good ones on this site could show you some places to take your kids. There are a lot of places to fish around the causeway, Jones Lake, ect. Many of those areas are also on the Hook n Line maps.
                        I'm always curious if hiring a guide is bad etiquette if you already know how to fish, have a boat, etc. I hired a guide a couple weekends ago and felt bad because I kinda felt like I was using him for his years of knowledge and hot spots. Anyone out there(guides especially) have an opinion on that?

Comment

Originally posted by FischerAngling View Post
                          I'm always curious if hiring a guide is bad etiquette if you already know how to fish, have a boat, etc. I hired a guide a couple weekends ago and felt bad because I kinda felt like I was using him for his years of knowledge and hot spots. Anyone out there(guides especially) have an opinion on that?
                          I think as long as you're upfront and tell them why you're hiring them and what you're looking for they'd be alright with it. I fish a lot and I figured hiring a guide would improve my game. I've always wanted to go out with Greg, Dpop, Barlow, Glenn and Soule. Those guys are pros and while I may know a bit about fishing but they know worlds more. What incredible info I get from them won't diminish their vast knowledge or skill and it will most certainly improve me as a fisherman. I think it's why most of us a here: to share our formation and love of fishing.

And, of course, to have a good time.
                          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

any kind of depth change is always good
                            "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

Comment

Welcome to the site. Lot's a guy's here that know thier stuff, you'll find alot of great info here. Good luck & Tite-Lines...
                              "Laissez les bons temps rouler"
                              "Leh-seh leh boh taw roo-leh"

Comment

Working...
                              X