Suggestions for saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for saturday

We are finally going fishing this weekend. We are going to put in at the causway and fish around pelican island and maybe the jetties. We have not had any luck saltwater fishing with the boat. We do better fishing in the surf from the shore, go figure. This summer we have been fishing lake conroe because it is safer for our 18m old son. We are going out without him this Saturday and hopefully we have some luck. Any suggestions on bait? Live shrimp and mullet? Any suggestions on places to try? Any advice would be appreciated. Hopefully we can finally catch something! (anything!)

Thanks in advance
    Jeanelle

Live shrimp with just split shot fished against the jetty rocks or fish along the RR Bridge next to causeway-do not go under any tressle of the RR bridge-lotta debris. Bull reds should be running-maybe get some crabs and bust em in half w/o the shell and fish bottom next to jetties or the deep hole by Tx City Dike???? You could go for flounder also near some drains or by CG Station area.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

had a hard hit and good fight (line got cut on reef) on a 1/2 oz gold spoon (weedles). They are the easiest thing to fish with and u catch good stuf
      "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, hopefully we get some fish in the cooler this time.

Comment

I have one more question... We are planning on going Sat morning, high tide is at 12:15am and low at 4:15pm.. Will it work against us fishing an outgoing tide? I am not really familiar with the best times to fish regarding tides..

Comment

Its a major slack tide Saturday. In my opinion right at first light till about 7:30 is going to be your best bet, maybe even before sunrise. There just isn't much tidal movement at all tomorrow.
            I COME FROM THE WATER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by clemonstime View Post
              Its a major slack tide Saturday. In my opinion right at first light till about 7:30 is going to be your best bet, maybe even before sunrise. There just isn't much tidal movement at all tomorrow.
              I'd hit it early too.
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Thanks for the website! We are planning on being on the water by 6. Hopefully it works out.

Comment

Working...
                X