Texas Slam on Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Slam on Sunday

Hit the water on Sunday with my oldest son. We left CyFair around around 4:30 got to galveston to find no live shrimp. Smittys said the whole island was out, so we said we will just use artificials. Smittys did have live finger mullet so we pick up a dozen. We went to Fat Boys to launch and low and behold they ave live shrimp. So we pick a bit up fight the mosquitos and get on the water and it is superflat. I put the Shoal Water to work, once we got past the no wake zone on tiki island we hit full throttle and 43 mph later and maybe five minutes later we are at our spot.

We threw some colors and worked some popping corks and maybe with in 10 minutes a few heavy croaker on the shrimp. My son decided to soak a finger mullet and then a flattie inhaled it. He caught another one he spit the hook at the boat. Then came the Reds we caught 4 right around 22 inches. Then a few more croaker, some hardheads, Ladyfish, and a stingray. I caught one Trout to round it all off, and about by 9am the bite was done.

Great day with my son, My other sone would have gone but Saturday was Homecoming for Langham Creek and by the way the Langham Creek Varsity Football is doing Great, My other son play Defensive End. Go LOBOS

Re: Texas Slam on Sunday

Awesome day wtg! !

Comment

Great report. Thanks and congrats.
      "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Nice job

Comment

good o finger mullet
          "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

Comment

Way to go!
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Good job.
              Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

funny thing i also forgot to mention is we caught a grey snapper, i have caught them at the jetties before but never in the bay

Comment

WTG!!!!
                  I COME FROM THE WATER!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X