Tidal Difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tidal Difference?

I am trying to find a website or a formula that will give me an accurate tidal difference when we have high winds. The night the cold front blew in a couple nights ago. The high tide was low enough for me to go gigging. When the winds shifted out of the South yesterday the wind pushed a ton of water back into the bays and made it impossible to see on my normal shore because it was so high. I have a website called www.tides4fishing.com that gives a lot of good info but not the wind effect.
    Son of the Republic

Here is a direct link to the Texas tidal predictions and solunar calender http://www.tides4fishing.com/us/texas
    Son of the Republic

Comment

I have never found anything that is accurate for the SLP area. It's more of a general suggestion that the tides MAY be something like the charts. So I don't think about it. I just go and deal with the conditions as they present themselves.
      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Nothing but experience is going to give you the weather's effect on the tides. They can't put that variable in a table!
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Don’t get blown away by the weather in Eagle Point. WindAlert has the latest weather conditions, winds, forecasts, nearby currents, and alerts for the area!

Windfinder.com - Detailed wind, waves, weather & tide forecast for Levee/Texas City / Texas, United States of America for kitesurfing, windsurfing, sailing, fishing & hiking.
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

These are both good. I also use https://www.sailflow.com/windandwher...showLogin=true

Kenny's right. They haven't put all that experience into a website.
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I'd just like an accurate tide site that shows when tides will be running at certain places within the West Bay. For example: If it's going to be high tide at 10am at Alligator Point does that relate to it being high tide at Carancahua at 10am as well? Or is there a lag? I know there is going to be some type of lag because of how water runs but is there anywhere that lists this?

Comment

Originally posted by FischerAngling View Post
                I'd just like an accurate tide site that shows when tides will be running at certain places within the West Bay. For example: If it's going to be high tide at 10am at Alligator Point does that relate to it being high tide at Carancahua at 10am as well? Or is there a lag? I know there is going to be some type of lag because of how water runs but is there anywhere that lists this?
                I think you have to do each location separately. Here's a qiuck place to start.
                Low and High Tide Table Predictions for Texas with Sunrise, Sunset, Moonrise, Moonset, and Moon Phase.

You can do the same thing with tides4fishing.
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
                X