Seafood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seafood

The wife and I will be in Galveston the 17th ansed 18th to celebrate her bday.rWhat is the best seafood restaurant in Galveston

Re: Seafood

Willie g is good , and so is fish tales

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk 2
    I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Several good spots...just depends on what atmosphere and kind of food you want. Gumbo Bar is my current favorite place to eat...
      sigpic

Comment

Re: Seafood

Dont eat at Gaidos over priced for just above average seafood atleast imo.

Comment

I like the fresh stuff.. slp or out in greens or jones!

But seriously, i cant speak for the place in Galveston but the gumbo bar in league city is the sh$%. Love it.

Comment

gaidos or marios italian seafood or the cajun greek on 61st
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

There's hardly anyplace that has really fresh seafood here anymore. Most of them were Iked. Gaido's was once great but hardly worth bothering with. Brunch at the Galvez is delightful and worth every penny, but the only fresh seafood you'll find will be Gulf shrimp & a few oysters on the half shell. Their Alaskan King crab is great, but far from fresh. I believe Rudy & Paco's has seafood but I've never been there. My wife says the food is fantastic. Shearn's (top of Moody Gardens) is incredible, but you'll probably only find one or two fresh fish dishes as a special. They have the best lump crab meat on the island. Pier 21 is good, but awfully casual for the price. Most of the rest of the places are now chains.
              You might also look into the Saltwater Grill. I haven't been there in years, but it's run by Galveston Restaurant Group (Johnny Smecca is one of the partners) and everything they do is first class: Mario's Seawall, Gumbo Bar, Sky Bar, etc.
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Hows Clarys on Teichman now a days Bruce? used to be awesome.
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I forgot about Clary's. I haven't been since Ike. It was a top-notch place before and I'd imagine he's brought it back up to his standards.

Comment

Rudy and Pacos or Gumbo Bar. cajun Greek is decent but atmosphere is not where I'd take a date or wife for a BDay (or any special occasion-it is dumpy but good food). Clary's aint bad, Shearns is good also. Luigi's is pretty darn good italian.

Pass on gaidos, fishtales, the spot, any Landry's owned place-may as well go to Golden Corral instead of any landry's place-similar food-bad.

I'd take her to Rudy & Paco's for that special occasion-you will be happy-make sure you tell the hostess when making reservations.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Mrs. OK and I celebrated an aniversary at the Mosquito Cafe on 14th St. It's cozy/romantic, crowded with locals.

There was a lady that played piano (she's played at the Tremont house too), but I'm not sure if she still does.

I'd highly recommend.
                      At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                        I'd take her to Rudy & Paco's for that special occasion-you will be happy-make sure you tell the hostess when making reservations.
                        And make sure to make the reservations a few weeks early. They book up quickly!

Comment

Rudy & Paco is un-matched for Service and Quality. Absolutely the place for a celebration.

Comment

"I'd take her to Rudy & Paco's for that special occasion-you will be happy-make sure you tell the hostess when making reservations."
                            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

fishermans warf
                              if i dnt catch dinner, i will catch a buzz. it works out!

Comment

Working...
                              X