The girls are on their way to the dance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The girls are on their way to the dance

Fished my run holes in west yesterday pulling in 8 flounder, 2-20", 1-19", 1-18" and several smaller ones and ONLY 1 small male (all on Flounder Pounders). Ellen with the 20" flounder.
    Attached Files
    -----------------------
    .~~~~ ~~~~~~~ www.saltwaterhooker.net

Great catch! I hope we can find some bigger ones this weekend, so far we have only managed a couple barely legal flatties and mostly undersized ones.

Comment

Nice I read a report in the reel report!
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Wow!
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by jjime1203 View Post
          Great catch! I hope we can find some bigger ones this weekend, so far we have only managed a couple barely legal flatties and mostly undersized ones.
          1st problem your hoping. Ellen and I went out yesterday looking for the big girls, we threw back 4 16-17" ones before we caught the 1st big girl. I target flounder the way many target reds or trout, they are not bi-catch. You want to catch flounder go to one of Phil Ortiz's seminars. If you learn his method and apply his technique you WILL begin to catch flounder. I only use Founder Pounders and out catch live or any other bait, usually 2/3 to 1 on a regular bait.

The big girls are on the move they have not arrived in mass in the ship channel yet. Fish the ICW, every Channel marker be it large or small stop THROW with a big splash the anchor and fish the bottom around it. 10-15 casts around it no flounder go to the next, WORK the bottom, IT WORKS. As Phil says: find structure (markers, bulkheads, etc.) in shallow (shallow can be 6') next to deep (ICW is 15-20'). Next week should be great in the bays, that's where I will be. Ask the Pimp he sees me out there.
          -----------------------

Comment

Thanks for the advice!! We have been trying the flounder pounders and live bait, but this time out I will just try flounder pounders the whole time and see how it turns out.
            I was just looking at the weather for next week, it looks like its going to be nice.. Too bad my husband works all week and I dont trust our boat enough to take it out alone, lol. I have heard a lot about Phil Ortiz's seminars, I think we are going to have to make time to go to one!
            Thanks again.
            Jeanelle

Comment

WTG Girls! Nice Catch
              Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
              (AKA Evans Marine Services)
              4340 19th St.
              Bacliff, Texas 77518
              http://evansmarine.net
              http://boatwerxtx.com
              main@boatwerxtx.com
              281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

It's the technique in using Flounder Pounders that make it an awesome bait. Without the technique it is no better than any other. Practice and learn the technique and you will catch flounder.

Get SeaTow ($150/yr cheap, know some guys went out last week, broke down, tow in cost $2,200) take a boating course and go fishing.
                -----------------------

Comment

Awesome job ladies!
                  KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

good job ladies...
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

That is what Im looking for!!!! Just love the flatty fillets! Awesome catch!

Comment

Nice door mats. Great job

Comment

Nice catch and good tips!

Comment

Yeeehaaaa! Wtg ladies!
                              Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                              "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Working...
                              X