Ideas??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas??

Looks like i'll be in Galveston Wed., Thurs., and Friday. I do not have a boat or yak. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone could make suggestions of walk-in spots to catch a few trout. I know about 8 mile and might try there one morning. The tides look good for early morning this week. I've never tried Sportsmans because they say it's too muddy. I am not driving to the pass and fish by myself--hear it's too dangerous and I have no idea where to walkin down there anyway. If the wind pushes in cleaner water, might even try the surf. I've got some ideas, but I would appreciate some insight from some of you locals and more experienced fishermen. Thanks!
    Moe
    Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Moe, since you do not want to wade SLP. Try to find the road into the water tower that is before SLP (coming from Galveston). You can wade eastward for a long time and should find some fish. The other area I would try would be Snake Island cove (by East of Sea Isle) and work the geotubes or even walk to the shell island that is visible during low tides. Good luck out there and send us a report.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Water tower like Explorer says is good place...
      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Yep...water tower but I would focus on the surf at first light
        sigpic

Comment

The Pelican Island pocket seems to always have fish in it. Kinda hit or miss though when it's this far into the summer.

Comment

Thank you gentlemen!

Comment

Originally posted by Moe View Post
              Thank you gentlemen!
              Water tower has a great hard bottom and miles of fishing. Say hello to that stupid shark that ate my stringer three weekends ago. I saw him saturday again he is around 5 ft and is a total jerk!!!! My candidate for a-hole of the month!!!
              Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Gotca C-Dog!

Comment

Working...
                X