there not all wack'em days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there not all wack'em days...

Not every is a great day fishing....I was going to spend Saturday working on the boat, but got a call from bouy around 6 am saying brids were all over the place on clear lake. He wanted to know if i wanted to join him and CTC for a couple of hours of fishing. I was out the door in a heart beat...long story short we spent the better part of the morning with very little to show. I think between us we had 6 fish total, of which 2 might have been keepers.
    Sunday i went to chocolate, shortly after leaving the ramp i see a few birds trying to work. I set up a drift and manage a couple of small keepers and a couple dinks. The birds break up,but i stay for a little while trying to grind something out....nothing. Then i move down around the long reef area...nothing. Next i venture out into lower west bay...and see several small sets of birds working...all sand trout. While working the second set of birds, about to make a cast, i look down to see a school of redfish swim by, quickly make a pitch to them and one swarms my jig.
    After that i found a nice color change in the water and poped several nice sandies. Wanting to find spec's and not sandies i went back into chocolate, drifted my favorite spoil bank....not even a bite. Called it day by 11:30
    castaway300
    Attached Files

Originally posted by castaway300 View Post
    I was out the door in a heart beat...
    A 48° morning blowing 10 to 15 and you show up in your jammie shorts.

Sorry the fishing sucked. We'll get revenge on them!!

Comment

The fishing was great Bouy -- the catching sucked. At least you guys got out there.. in your jammie shorts..
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Better than sitting on the couch!
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Great fishing guys! I need to go out there with you boys someday. How was the traffic on Choco Sunday?

DB
          KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
            Great fishing guys! I need to go out there with you boys someday. How was the traffic on Choco Sunday?

DB
            probably 15 trailers at 2004...not like the 50 that were there on Friday...

Comment

Working...
            X