Flounder fishing questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flounder fishing questions

I am new to flounder fishing and i am trying to figure out where to go. I don't have wadders, but I am willing to get a little wet. I am think rollover pass? What does one use when going after flounder and trout down there? Texas rigs? Corks? I went to Seawolf two weeks ago and lost half a tackle box worth of tackle. Basically I am asking where is the best flounder fishing from the shore or very shallow water and what is the best rig and bait?

Right now either sea wolf or skyline dr in texas city

Comment

Is rollover any good this time of year?

Comment

If you have the money, hire one of the guides on this site. They will take you to some good basic sites if you request and teach you some valuable basics on flounder fishing....or do what i did, spend 40 years learning the hard way! You are gonna need a pair of waders right now and in the near future or you're gonna freeze your berries off out there. ( What 03Marine said on location for now)
        Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
        "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Spend a little on a pair of waders: it'll pay off.
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

rollover pass is good but you will be lucky to get a spot or not in a fight. you can try the ferry landing on boliver side,same deal. seawolf is the spot for wading,before you get to the park. invest in some cheap waders,you will need them 4 the winter anyway. bank and pier fishing sux! get out there and explore,plenty of info on this site. always someone needing a wading partner for the day,just post when you are going and someone might meet up with you. good luck!
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

I am going this saturday. I am planning to leave houston , in the med center, around 5:15 -5:30 Am. I then will stop at Bayou and uncle buck's and maybe bulldog's. Depending on what i hear from the guys at the bait shop, I will determine where i will go. I am think about the surf if the pompano action is any good. Most likely it will be rollover or the 91st street pier. Where does one fish at the ferry landing? Do you have to pull up everytime the ferry comes?

Comment

Originally posted by 76794p View Post
                I am going this saturday. I am planning to leave houston , in the med center, around 5:15 -5:30 Am. I then will stop at Bayou and uncle buck's and maybe bulldog's. Depending on what i hear from the guys at the bait shop, I will determine where i will go. I am think about the surf if the pompano action is any good. Most likely it will be rollover or the 91st street pier. Where does one fish at the ferry landing? Do you have to pull up everytime the ferry comes?
                go over the ferry, u turn and park on the north side. fish right there if there is room or walk down the bank,long way down to the water.good luck geting any big ones up without a pier net. best bet is boliver side, surf not very good unless u like catchins sharks.try ferry landing then go to rollover if you dont mind the drive.will be lots of people fishing both spots o the weekend.
                Last edited by SUPER SPOOK; November 30, 2012, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Thanks. I am confused a little by your ferry landings directions. Do you mean take the ferry over to Bolivar and fish from the rocks? Where does one park?

Comment

park on the north side after you get off the ferry or at the bathrooms on the south side and walk over.you will see the cars on the north side of the road. you will understand what i am talking about when you get there. biggest flounder i have seen caught over there in texas!

Comment

Working...
                    X