Wade/Bank Fishing recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wade/Bank Fishing recommendations

I am a transplant from the boot and boatless at the moment. Where do you guys recommned I go to catch some reds or flounder? Not scared to jump in the water if there are some wade fishing spots I can walk out to, hopefully it is not a area full of gumbo mud.

Hungry

Depending on your skill level and bait preference, I'd recommend going to Louis' and picking up a package of red/white and something with some chartreuse Chickenboys and a dozen mud minnows and fishing under and around the bridge over the Diverson canal. Fish the bridge pilings for sheepshead if interested and walk the bank for reds and flats. Watch your step if you venture down the bank for gators, rattlers, and coyotes. Have fun!

Comment

not mud... but gators, rattlers, and coyotes... LOL I'd take mud over that ;-)

the diversion would be a good option. Colds pass, Sea wolf, pelican island, the causeway, rollover and rollover flats.
      TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Weekdays or weekends? Weekends, get up REAL early and get some finger mullet or live shrimp from the TC dike baitshops and wade out in front of the gazebo (or anywhere around that area) on the levee road (Powerline Dr). Wade out as far as you can for trout....fish around the rocks on the shoreline for reds and flounder You need to tell us more about your fishing experience, etc.. There are a lot of guys/girls on this site that will help you if they know how to advise you. If you have on a West End Angler tee-shirt you are guaranteed to catch fish!
        Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
        "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Frogboy....Sorry, had a "Oldstimer" moment.....the levee road is Skyline Drive, not Powerline Drive.oops. Pass Boyd's baitshop, go to the stopsign on top of the levee, turn left and look for the gazebo on your left, wade out in front of it.

Comment

Good advice there, Capt. Blue. If the porpoises surround you at the dike just pack it in and head south of the causeway. When we hitting Chocolate?

Comment

Harvey....Ain't no fish in Chocolate (or Diversionary Canal). You owe me a jig head for the one you left in that big ole trout you caught yesterday!

Comment

That was a Hogie 1/4 oz, Capt. Blue. I don't use those chartreuse physcedelic ones unless I run out of mine on those dang oyster reefs. Rod tip up!

Comment

GOOD INFO!
                  the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

What are the best Gulps! and chicken boys for flounder?

Comment

I can't speak for gulps. They stink and get all over you. No offense. Try red/white, plum/chartreuse, chicken/chain, pumpkin/chartreuse, pearl/pink and on clear sky days something with some glitter.

Comment

I consider my self a average fisherman, My fav are reds, trout, and flounder aka the Calcasieu Special. I typically like drift fishing using plastics, I am a Sand Eel / Gulp kind of guy , but due to HOA restrictions my boat is rotting under a oak tree in la. My stomping grounds are Big Lake Louisiana.

Comment

I think I will stop at Bulldog's on the way and get a few different kinds before I head over to sea-wolf. I know this sounds like a silly question but what does one do with their car keys when they wade? Put them in a ziplock bag annd then put them in your pocket? I know to lock the wallet, without my fishing license, and phone in the glove box. But what about the keys?

Comment

Stash them if you don't want to carry them.
                            TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

i stick mine in my shirt pocket and zip it up. no worries then...unless somehow a fish makes off with your shirt lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X