Snook fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snook fishing

I know Texas isn't a world class snook fishery, but I know they exist in Texas waters. What bay along the Texas coast is good for chasing down these beasts?
    Son of the Republic

Re: Snook fishing

South Bay...Port Isabel...Capt Ernest Cisneros....you can't go wrong!
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by D-I-A View Post
      I know Texas isn't a world class snook fishery NOW, but I know they exist in Texas waters. What bay along the Texas coast is good for chasing down these beasts?
      FIFY.

I'm going to Mexico in Feb. for some snook fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
        South Bay...Port Isabel...Capt Ernest Cisneros....you can't go wrong!
        show dem Pics Monte
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

I'll be giving it a try soon. I've been doing some research, and it sounds like the best time to fish for them in Texas is during the winter. They school up around deep water structure, because they are the most susceptible to the cold weather.
          Son of the Republic

Comment

Unless you like throwing lures and wading, then South Bay and Capt Ernest will hook you up!
            Attached Files
            Don't be a Nancy!
            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

are snook edible?

Comment

Originally posted by pieman View Post
                are snook edible?
                Yep -- and supposedly really good. Never caught one or eaten one though.
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

You can keep 1 @ 24-28 inches. Monte got lucky on a slot fish and got a great mount out of the deal, a guy in Port Isabel I think he said. Beautiful fish but very spooky and can cut you off in a heartbeat. That's my experience - a huge blow-up and then she comes unbuttoned.

Snook or "Robalo" in Spanish have been occasional at the jetties, South Bay on a high tide, Gas Wells Flats, and up the Brownsvile Ship Channel. In the winter the fish like the deeper water off the concrete docks, especially the old busted down ones.

They'll hit anything for trout of redfish but in the cool season like meat, especially very large live shrimp from the bait boat freelined with a treble hook. The little green shack in Port Isabel sometimes has the live jumbos. Some of the guys crush down the barbs because they release so many fish. LOL, I ain't that good.

Comment

Working...
                  X