Any ideas??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas??

I am looking for a good fleece bib to wear under my waders. All I can find is the orvis one. Any ideas?
    Team Rolling Thunder

I just use some fleece pants, and separate top. It's a lot cheaper. Simms has a good bib if you want to spend the $$.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

It ain't that cold out yet Cameron.By far i think last Tuesday was the coldest wade for me wearing breathable and being layered.

Family owned and operated for over 4 decades, the Platte River Fly Shop crew is here to help with all of your fly fishing needs. We carry only the best products that are each tested by our guides and shop staff. We offer Free Shipping and hassle free returns. Free Wyoming Fly Fishing swag is included with all orders. Shop with us for that personal feel.

google is your friend that spends your money.
      Last edited by reeltime; December 16, 2012, 10:09 AM. Reason: dang kenny was quick to the reef
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
        It ain't that cold out yet Cameron.By far i think last Tuesday was the coldest wade for me wearing breathable and being layered.

Family owned and operated for over 4 decades, the Platte River Fly Shop crew is here to help with all of your fly fishing needs. We carry only the best products that are each tested by our guides and shop staff. We offer Free Shipping and hassle free returns. Free Wyoming Fly Fishing swag is included with all orders. Shop with us for that personal feel.

google is your friend that spends your money.
        ya its not cold at all....YET.
        Team Rolling Thunder

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
          I just use some fleece pants, and separate top. It's a lot cheaper. Simms has a good bib if you want to spend the $$.
          http://www.simmsfishing.com/site/guide_fleece_bib.html
          Not bad. 20 bucks cheaper than the orvis bib!
          Team Rolling Thunder

Comment

I just layer some decent thermals and fleece. It works and its easy on the pocketbook.
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Anything Orvis or Sims is over inflated IMO,Put the extra doe into your tackle!
              West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                This works great, and if your still cold get a base layer of silk then the fleece.
                "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Any ideas??

Would pants that are 65 % polyester and 35% cotton blend have too much cotton in them to wear under waders? I dont have the money for special pants right now.

Comment

Just ordered the simms bib. Looks like this guy won't be layered up like a marshmellow.
                    Team Rolling Thunder

Comment

Originally posted by fathernson View Post
                      Just ordered the simms bib. Looks like this guy won't be layered up like a marshmellow.
                      Hahaha. At least marshmallows can get toasty.
                      Resident Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
                        Hahaha. At least marshmallows can get toasty.
                        this comes from the guy with the gill bib..... what you know bout marshmellowin son!? Always staying cozy thanks to that thing while my thermals and fleece keep me warm enough to know I am still freezing my nards off...no more!
                        Team Rolling Thunder

Comment

The bib at academy for the snow is 30 dollars and is warm as ****. I also have a hodgeman one that was like 50 bucks that is also warm.

Comment

Originally posted by scumLORD View Post
                            The bib at academy for the snow is 30 dollars and is warm as ****. I also have a hodgeman one that was like 50 bucks that is also warm.
                            You have to wear something less bulky than ski bibs under breathable waders.
                            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Any ideas??

Come on man put your long johns on and sweet pants over them and your warm , lol
                              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Working...
                              X