See our Spacecraft overhead tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See our Spacecraft overhead tonight

Tonight the Space Shuttle Endeavour, International Space Station, and Russian Progress Module will all be visible over Houston. Endeavour will lead ISS by a few seconds, followed several minutes later by the Progress that will be docking to ISS tomorrow.

You will be able to see Endeavour around 9:16PM for about 2 minutes. It will be about 79deg in elevation traveling NW to SE.

ISS will be closely following Endeavor and will visable for about 3 minutes. It will be at about 78deg in elevation also traveling NW to SE.

Progress will not appear until 9:23PM and will be visable for about 1 minutes. It will be at 53deg in elevation also traveling NW to SE.

Just look for the brightest stars, that are moving fast accross the sky. ISS look like it is chasing Endeavour and it will be just a little bigger. Progress will be the smallest and hardest to spot and will follow somewhat behind the first two.
    Last edited by bountyhunter; July 28, 2009, 09:02 AM.
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Sounds like a good excuse to be out on the water tonight
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I'll try to check that out. Thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

I will be watching!
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I just got this e-mail... I'm going to start watching early... Anyone up for a late night run on the Trinity mud flats to watch?

"Look for Triple Pass of Shuttle, Station and Progress Tonight

Following the predicted undock of STS-127 from the station today, if the sky is clear tonight, we in Houston should be able to see STS-127, followed by the station and the Russian Progress 34P, flying in a line nearly vertically overhead from northwest to southeast beginning at 9:12 p.m. through 9:18 p.m. Each spacecraft will fade into Earth's shadow at an elevation of 26 degrees. Enjoy this spectacular show brought to you by the world's space programs!"

Comment

Man that sounds like it will be cool to watch. We have too many talllll pines in the neighbor, maybe I have to head to the ballpark down the road or a parking lot somewhere in town.
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. That was cool. We could see 2 of the 3 in Pearland.

Comment

I saw 2 while driving back from Baytown... Man they rocketed across sky!

Comment

At 17,000+ MPH it don't take long to cover our small piece of the sky......
                  Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Working...
                  X