Ebay feedback question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay feedback question

I want to leave a seller negative feedback on something but I dont want him to turn around and leave negative for me also?? Is there a way to go about this?

I recently bought some things from about 4 different sellers on Ebay. Everything was paid for on 7/12, and within a couple of days all but one seller had sent me an email notice that the items had been shipped. So I contacted the seller that hadnt emailed me to confirm that he did get my payment and had shipped the item.

On 7/18 he responded and said he was sorry that he had been out of town and he would mail the item first thing Monday (7/20). So I contacted him again on 7/20 to confirm that the item was shipped. He responded and said "the item is being shipped today". Ok so I took his word for it and waited, figuring it would be here within a week.

I waited till this Monday (7/27) figuring it may come in after the weekend, and still no package. Emailed the guy this Monday asking whats up and Teus. he replied saying "let me check on it I mailed it last week". Havent heard back from him.

Then I was just looking on my profile and saw that the guy just posted a shipping verification and it was postmarked shipped on 7/28 !!!! That MFers been lying about when it shipped the whole time!! So, if/when the item gets here I want to leave him negative feedback but then he will most likely leave me negative feedback in return. Most sellers dont leave feedback till you have recieved the item and already left them feedback.... for this exact reason. What to do?
    Last edited by 45 ACP; July 30, 2009, 02:27 PM.

Wait until you get the package, if its not what you bid for you can still threaten to leave negative feed back. When you leave feedback , make sure you place Paid on(Date) Shipped on (Date) then you 2 cents.

Hope the below helps

What can I do?

If you feel you have unfairly received negative Feedback, or if the Feedback violates our abuse policy, we encourage you to use the following steps to help you create an accurate representation of your trading experience:
    • Review the Feedback Removal Policy. Learn about the circumstances under which we will remove Feedback. After you review this policy, if you feel that Feedback left for you qualifies for removal, you can click the "Report" link to submit it to us for review. If we confirm that the requirements for Feedback abuse have been met, we can remove the Feedback without the possibility of replacement.

Communicate with your trading partner. Direct communication can resolve most disputes quickly. Request your trading partner's contact information.
    • Post a response to the negative comment. Leave a professional reply to any comment that you believe is inaccurate. The Feedback system is designed to make unfair and undeserved comments easily apparent. When a potential trading partner sees that you have a large number of positive comments mixed in with a negative comment or two, the positive will outweigh the negative.
    • Request Feedback Revision from the buyer. The Feedback Revision process lets sellers ask buyers to revise the neutral or negative Feedback they’ve left. You can request a Feedback revision only after you’ve resolved anyproblem your buyer had with the transaction or if you think your buyer accidentally left you wrong Feedback.
    Learn more about Responding to Feedback and Adding Follow-up Comments
    If you've received unfair Feedback, you may be hesitant to leave negative Feedback for others. However, we advise you to always speak the truth about your experiences with other members. If you feel negative Feedback is appropriate, you should leave it, but remember to be honest and accurate. Your comment can help prevent another member from experiencing the same situation.

Related Help topics
    NoBama

Comment

My experience has been never leave negative feedback... Leave neutral.

"Item received but took 2 weeks to arrive! Seller must have been on vacation?"

Its too easy to leave negative feedback and then seller turns around and leaves negative feedback for u and then u get into a pissin' match over it... Not worth effecting your reputation. I'd mark him as a bad seller and not do business with him again.

Again, I'd leave neutral as opposed to negative feedback.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

But WEA, isnt that the whole point of the reputation system on Ebay?? So that other people can look at thier reputation and see if they want to do business with them based on their rep?

I suppose I could leave neutral and just be specific in my description. But I really want to leave negative so others will know that he blatantly lied about the shipping. This weekend will be 3 weeks since I paid....

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
          My experience has been never leave negative feedback... Leave neutral.

"Item received but took 2 weeks to arrive! Seller must have been on vacation?"

Its too easy to leave negative feedback and then seller turns around and leaves negative feedback for u and then u get into a pissin' match over it... Not worth effecting your reputation. I'd mark him as a bad seller and not do business with him again.

Again, I'd leave neutral as opposed to negative feedback.
          go od idea
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

If it was me, I would leave negative feedback, if he does the same, then you can fight it and have it removed, he can't. But thats just me. I am a payback type of person. Others will fall for the same trick if your don't leave negative feedback. When I buy, any Negatve feedback as a seller is a red flag.

He probobly does not keep the products he sells in stock and had to waiti for his distributor to get the tem n stock.
            NoBama

Comment

Leave your displeasure as a neutral feedback (If you get product) If not then leave negative... After 2 weeks of no product I would have filed a protest via PayPal as that's the only 3rd party payee / payor system I use.

Comment

Im not savy on ebay et al; but, why would you care and what difference does it make if he leaves negative info on you if you are the one with the $$$ and you are the buyer?

Comment

JT- It looks bad b/c after awhile people can't view your feedback comments showing you were in the right...

Comment

Well this dude is a POS. When I got home yesterday the package was at the house. Ok, so it got delivered. But get this. The item was described as "Is this brand new?? I cant remember if I actually ever used this". When I opened the box yesterday and looked at it, there were OBVIOUS signs of use and wear and tear.

Now I am for sure leaving negative feedback. If he does so in return, then I will dispute it. I just cant let him get away with doing business like this.

Comment

I just found this in the FAQ section on Ebay:

Why are sellers allowed to leave only positive Feedback for buyers?
                      Sellers used to be able to leave negative Feedback for buyers. Unfortunately, we found that when buyers had bad experiences with sellers, they were often reluctant to leave neutral or negative Feedback out of fear that the seller would retaliate by leaving negative Feedback for them. And when buyers did receive unfair negative Feedback, they usually decreased their shopping on eBay. Overall, it became clear that the fear of retaliatory negative Feedback made it more difficult for good sellers to distinguish themselves from not-so-good sellers, and made the Feedback system as a whole less reliable.

Looks like he cant leave me negative feedback. Its hammer time.... lol.

Comment

leave him negative feedback and also file a dispute with paypal if the item isn't in the condition described. I've had people send me stuff that was supposed to be brand new out of the package and scuffed. Hard to trust people on ebay so I don't shop there anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                          go od idea
                          Like you ebay lol.
                          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I just left him negative feedback and dropped his rating to 88%.

Too bad it only allows you to write about 2 sentences on the feedback comment, but I got my point across.

Comment

Scammers

I don't use Ebay or Craigslist-afraid of the scam artists. Seems to me lots of crooks and stolen stuff. I use Wally World, BPS, Academy and buddies, but not JT anymore-I think he scammed me-he sold me his bote a few weeks ago-late at night-in a bar-near closing time but before "Last Call".

Hey JT, that freaking Blackjack you sold me for $10 and a 6 pack of Coors Light aint arrived yet. My Attorney (Wilson) is filing on ya now with DA and civil action-DELIVER YOUR BOTE OR ELSE! Also, as we agreed at bar closing time, you keep making the payments on it and AP can still use it as needed. Don't forget to fill the tank and leave 2 qts of live shrimp in the livewell for me. Oh, I forgot, you aint got a trailer to deliver it! Some lowlife POS stole it-you know one of those outta town contractors Lyda let in before us. Which the fine mayor will let in first again when next big storm hits.

Ha Ha;
                              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                              X