Where to fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to fish

I have fished Cole Pass, SLP, and Christmas. I would like to fish West Galveston Bay but I don't know anything about it. What do I look for? Do I fish shell reefs or channels or some other structure? I fish from a 16' flatbottom and mostly fish by myself. Would I be better off launching from SLP or maybe 2004 and going through Bastrop? Is there a boat ramp somewhere on the Galveston side od SLP? Guess I should buy a Hotspots map.
    Pat

To answer your questions. Look for bait or signs of bait. As far as reefs, channels, or other; I say all of the above. As far as where to launch that really depends on the area you want to fish. For that a Hotspot or Hook n Line map will help you. You might want to also consider hiring a guide, you can learn a lot by doing so.

Comment

think he's looking for a hole or 2?

Comment

Originally posted by charlie23 View Post
        Aren't we all?
        "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Originally posted by charlie23 View Post
          Good luck. Got married and they all dried up.
          KEEP IT WET..

Comment

LMAO

Comment

if you want to fish west bay, go down to 8 mile rd. you can launch on the left side as you enter the dead end circle. you can launch, go to the left and wind up at the end of sportsman rd. or you can go the the right and go into sweet water lake. it's about 200 to 300 yds to the right. i wade fish the right of 8 mile rd. good for trout, reds and flounder. hope this helps. Lord Bless.
              robert
              And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
                Good luck. Got married and they all dried up.
                warm vasaline and a squirt of Tabasco will fix that right up!!!

Comment

Thanks guys. I live closer to Matagorda so I fish there mostly but would like to try the Galveston bay system just for some variety. I appreciate how helpful everyone on this board is.
                  Pat

Comment

This is the best board to get your answers on
                    One...Bad...Arse...Mothertruckn...Angler...

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepsheader View Post
                      This is the best board to get your answers on

This is the only board to get answers.
                      KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Practice the 3G's....Google Earth and Getta Guide!
                        West Bay Sensai...

Comment

you should fish in the surf. HAWGS.

Comment

I usually leave from Louie's bait shop right off HIghway 6 (exit the bayou vista exit). If you go under the tracks and kinda hug the north shoreline of jones bay u should find something hungry. Just follow it the shoreline all the way to Harbor Walk (the underdeveloped beach house subdivision) and stop occasionally to throw some out...personally I always feel better casting towards the grass line but depending on the tide you might be forced to throw from the other side of the boat. As for reefs I like throwing right at the drop off so just look for the sudden depth changes. So good luck finding some spots hopefully this helped some and one last thin, I have always had better luck with flounder and reds in that area over trout. Wait for the spring for some real good trout fishin!!!!
                            "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

Comment

IF you live closer to matagorda, go fish east matty...east matty is awesome. everyone knows that gah dayum boi!

Comment

Working...
                              X