Radio Ice Chest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Ice Chest

Ok guys, I am looking for some way to play music in my boat. I dont wanna drop the big bucks on a stereo system for it. I am looking at cooler radios on Craigslist, but I think I could probably build one for cheaper. What all do I need to be able to connect my iPhone to it and be able to listen to the radio? Could I build this myself? (I am looking for a winter project) How much do you think this whole project will run me? Thanks
    Tight Lines

Radio Ice Chest

I think westendangler makes those ones that fit in a cooler and can hook to your iPod. Shoot him a pm. Bet he can put you on track.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Re: Radio Ice Chest

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
      I think westendangler makes those ones that fit in a cooler and can hook to your iPod. Shoot him a pm. Bet he can put you on track.
      X2 he builds some bad arse ones
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Project will take you 30 minutes:

Parts Needed:

1. Cooler
        2. (4) 6x9 I prefer 3way waterproof carries good base & crisp sounds, full range of sound
        3. Jig Saw or roto-zip like tool.
        4. 4 Channel AMP 400-600W
        5. Lawn Mower Battery (small size battery)
        6. Power lead
        7. Negative wire
        8. Small jumper wire 6-8" to run from power to remote on amp

The 6x9 speakers come with a pattern so you can cut or trace the outline onto the cooler. You need to be careful making the cuts here. The speakers are screwed in with provided SS screws into the cooler. So now you should have all 4 speakers mounted & sitting flush 2 on each side of the cooler. Mount the amp on plywood to the side of the cooler. If you have never wired an amp look online there are diagrams everywhere. You need a power, negative and jumper wire that runs from your positive input on the amp to the remote this bypasses the need for a tape deck. You can then use RCA (Red/White) cord off the amp to your MP3 device. It can get complicated but is pretty straight forward.

I can build this entire thing for you and customize it to your liking. We've done IPOD devices like Fusion and coolers as large as 120Q with subs and (8) 6x9's.

Mild to Wild your choice.
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

How much would it be for a simple one with 4 speakers? thanks
          Tight Lines

Comment

You can buy them made already just with the ipod jack. Its a readi to use on the boat, ATV, or anywhere. Go on Amazon.com and search ATV radio. search around.
            Karma's a beach.

Comment

Radio Ice Chest

Portage blocking a sale on ya boss man ? Lol !!!!!
              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-x Fan View Post
                How much would it be for a simple one with 4 speakers? thanks
                Cooler - $20-30
                4 - 5.5" speakers -$40
                1 battery - $50
                1 amp - $65
                Necessary cords & wires -$20

All this is rough numbers and again these can be mild to wild whatever the costs is we pass onto you. Not looking to make any money it's just a fun after work project. I can start whenever you want send me a PM with your number & we can talk further to discuss what kind of speakers you want, if you have a cooler or spare parts, great.
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Re: Radio Ice Chest

Coe you forgot beer for the cooler

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
                  I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Radio Ice Chest

Lol
                    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Coe built an awesome one for me with scavenged parts. I love it.
                      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Working...
                      X