Map section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map section

someone needs to add texas a&m as a hot spot for tons of mangrove snapper near the pier where the ships used to be.

When did it leave? I thought they were still having issues putting $$$ into to get it seaworthy....
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
      When did it leave? I thought they were still having issues putting $$$ into to get it seaworthy....
      i waz thinking the same thing but it wasnt there when i went. i waz between the pelican bridge and the first pier
      Last edited by $peckmaster; August 3, 2009, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Bait?

OK -- Gonna take the kids out to try and catch a few mangroves this weekend. Guess from this thread I'll try around the piers in the harbor. If anyone has any advice as to what bait is best or how best to put the kids on some fish it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
        Ibtsoom
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
          OK -- Gonna take the kids out to try and catch a few mangroves this weekend. Guess from this thread I'll try around the piers in the harbor. If anyone has any advice as to what bait is best or how best to put the kids on some fish it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
          Ibtsoom
          We got on some at the Matagorda Jetties one summer and they would eat finger mullet but not live shrimp. Never tried squid before though that may be the way to go.
          But talk about some good eatin'!
          XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

I've had good luck with dead shrimp.
            Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

Thanks guys!!
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

If the bay is calm head over towards the TX City Dike... They've been catching them freelining shrimp with a small split shot on the end for some weight...
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                  Thanks guys!!
                  im 13 and can catch them on dead shrimp but they bite really rapidly as soon as the bait hits the water so its like an art to knowing when to set the hook.if the kids are younger than me i would suggest small fingermullet. i rig mines through both lips because gamefish (mangroves) like to aim for the head. especially if the mullet is too big for them

Comment

Thanks for all the tips!! I gave it a shot Saturday without much luck but I'm gonna try again this weekend!!
                    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Working...
                    X