Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy folks,

And nice to meet you.

I need some suggestions and this seems like the perfect place. I live in Houston and my brother lives in So. Calif.
    We both like to fish and he is going to come visit me in March. Lately he has been talking a lot about fly fishing in the surf at some beaches in So. Calif. Well, I would like to try it myself and am planning a trip to Galveston to have a go at it when he gets here.
    I realize that the surf is somewhat limited but we will make it work somehow.
    Where would you suggest we go ? Any special gear recommendations ? I have a couple of fly rods but I had used them mainly for bass. I also have more than a few spinning and bait cast rigs.

Thanks a lot

WELCOME!!!TO FWE...I'm not too big of a fly fisher and I usually fish mostly in the upper areas of the bay near the grass lines. But I good surf fishing spot I have had some luck with is San Louis Pass... Ive had some luck out there this past summer and that's usually one of the hardest times to catch...Even though the current can get dangerous out there I had some luck...Hope this helps a little bit but im sure there's someone on here with some better advice.. GOOD LUCK
    "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

Comment

Welcome to FWE!.........Flyfishing is above my pay grade! Get a good guide to improve your chances!Let them find your fishing spot!
      West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Welcome aboard! I don't know bupkis about flyfishing either! Post up in the Pirates Fly Fishing Forum and ask about it.
        I can't imagine flyfishing in the surf, but who knows. I'd think you'd be better off on the bay side unless it was one of those ice-cream days. I think a lot of it will depend on when you're planning to go.
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Welcome to fwe.
          Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Capt. Steve Soule can put you on some fish. He's a good guide for West Bay.
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Welcome aboard. Ask Walker.

Comment

March will be tough in the surf-generally will be too rough to fish the surf-like Coe (Westendangler) said, get a fly guide that will take you to the back lakes to sight cast at trout and reds. Good luck.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                  Capt. Steve Soule can put you on some fish. He's a good guide for West Bay.
                  Definitely give steve a call... 281-352--6289
                  TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X