Surf fishing 61st pier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf fishing 61st pier

My buddy and I are thinking about going fishing on Friday night after we get off work at the 61st pier and we were wondering if anything good is happen down there. Anybody know if any reds are being caught on the beach right now? Also if we should actually do it because of the rain. We needs y'alls expertise please and thanks people!!

Surf fishing 61st pier

Don't go the 61st. Go to the one further down. They are chill and don't care if you bring drinks and food onto the pier. Plus it is much longer and it has state record to its name. I went the weekend before last and only got one whitting. Come the end of next month, the black drum show back up. It gets better as the year progresses.

Comment

Welcome aboard!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Either pier should have the same slow action this time of year. Grab a couple brews in case the fishing is slow. Depending on the weather you may have a great time.

Comment

The 61st St. pier is walking distance to Rita's Custard stand (donates to FWE). Their margarita misto shakes are to die for.
          At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Working...
          X