Youth Fishing Tournament - Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youth Fishing Tournament - Idea

The other post got IBTSOOM thinking and honestly had me thinking last night but I was too tired to post anything.

After some talks we wanted to get an idea of how many people would be willing to fish with their kids in a Youth tournament specifically designed for kids under a certain age.

Fun Family tournament, relaxed, live bait allowed, $10 small entry per kiddo to cover the costs of the trophies and some prizes. This would be a fun event no big show just one specifically for the kids.

We are thinking of at least 2 tournaments during the Summer for them.

Thoughts? Who all would be interested in fishing a fun tournament with your child?
    Yes
    95.24%
    No
    0.00%
    Don't have kids but sounds like a great idea!
    4.76%

The poll is expired.

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

2 in for me!!
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

That sounds pretty fun!
      I'm not sure I could talk my dughter into it though..
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I think this would be a great idea. I would be happy to volunteer to make this happen.

I have done a couple of kids - Q BBQ competitions with one of my boys as a part of some larger BBQ comp events. It was a real blast and some good father/son, father/daughter time.
        "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

My three are in to win!Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	558265
          Last edited by Baby Tran Cat; January 10, 2013, 12:03 PM. Reason: spelling error
          sigpic

Comment

count me and Justin in.

Comment

I'll throw in a "Find the Fish - Catch a Limit" dvd for the kids.

What about fish categories...it's gonna have to be several categories gaftop, specks, reds, croaker (maybe that's in a panfish category), most spots, maybe a trout with a the most dots...what else would be fun categories?
              TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

How about adding a category that rewards the dad who was foul hooked the most? 3 kids on 17" boat = many scars
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TroutSupport View Post
                  I'll throw in a "Find the Fish - Catch a Limit" dvd for the kids.

What about fish categories...it's gonna have to be several categories gaftop, specks, reds, croaker (maybe that's in a panfish category), most spots, maybe a trout with a the most dots...what else would be fun categories?
                  Thanks man! We could put anything in there category wise as long as each kid has fun and the opportunity to weigh in no matter what they catch -- hardheads, piggies, smallest fish (any legal species), biggest fish -- we'll brainstorm for a few weeks and see what we can all come up with.

Any ideas, donations, or hands on help would be greatly appreciated. As opposed to the raffle type thing I think we should give out as many prizes and goodies to the kids as we can so that every kid walks away with a great experience that'll keep em excited about fishing.
                  Last edited by Ibtsoom; January 10, 2013, 02:37 PM. Reason: content
                  Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Tran Cat View Post
                    How about adding a category that rewards the dad who was foul hooked the most? 3 kids on 17" boat = many scars
                    You'd get in the way on purpose that's not fair lol ;-)
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I'm in it to win it with my nephew. He is an animal! He even knows the back way to my honey hole.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	558267

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                        Thanks man! We could put anything in there category wise as long as each kid has fun and the opportunity to weigh in no matter what they catch -- hardheads, piggies, smallest fish (any legal species), biggest fish -- we'll brainstorm for a few weeks and see what we can all come up with.

Any ideas, donations, or hands on help would be greatly appreciated. As opposed to the raffle type thing I think we should give out as many prizes and goodies to the kids as we can so that every kid walks away with a great experience that'll keep em excited about fishing.
                        Every kid should get a Captain's bag with goodies. (I.E. Rita's certificate, backpack dangler of a lure or fish, sidewalk chalk, pirate eye patch, etc.)
                        At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

I will volunteer my services and make the backpack danglers. I just need old donated topwater lures. No bigger than a she pup. I will make them all woodpeckers.
                          TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

What would be the age limit? Thanks and sounds like a great idea!
                            Tight Lines

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-x Fan View Post
                              What would be the age limit? Thanks and sounds like a great idea!
                              Not sure yet -- maybe 12 and under?
                              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Working...
                              X