Tomorrow is the day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomorrow is the day.

Tomorrow looks like its going to be my first trip of the new year. The next week is looking pretty cold and cloudy, I guess it's a good thing I go back to school on Monday. Hopefully the sun will stay out long enough to get the fish moving tomorrow.
    Son of the Republic

Good luck, hope you get on em.
    Today is a new day!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg View Post
      Good luck, hope you get on em.
      x2 I like cold and cloudy days this time of year for fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbas kenner View Post
        x2 I like cold and cloudy days this time of year for fishing.

You said it!

Comment

Good luck!!! I'm still waiting on my first tripthis year
          I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

I hope you get 'em!
            I haven't even broken out my waders this year..
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Reef Drifter View Post
              Good luck!!! I'm still waiting on my first tripthis year
              Same here!
              KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Re: Tomorrow is the day.

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
                Same here!
                Same here
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

Well I got called into work today, so I had to tell my boss that I was only coming in until 12. Good thing I got off! As soon as I got off I headed strait for the water and started my wade.

I started the day tossing a 1/16 oz. with a stanley bayou chub in plum/chart. and I ended the day with a 1/16 oz. jig head and a plum/chart. bayou chub. The bite started out slow, really slow. I worked one shore line, then decided to work the other side of the gut. That was the ticket, the second cast, I got thumped. It didn't feel all that big but hey I broke the goose egg. My first fish of the year was an 8" speck. I was thinking at the time, if this is the way my year is going to go, I am going to find a new hobby, but who am I kidding, any fish on the line is better then no fish. It didn't take me long to feel much better about this trip when I hooked into my first keeper red of the year. She hit it on the cast before, but right at my feet as I was lifting the lure out of the water, so I threw in the direction I saw her leisurely swim off in and wham, fish on. Probably pushed 22" but I wasn't keeping anything today so I got her to the surface took a pic and let her go.

Then the tide switched and the trout didn't want to leave me alone, every couple of casts, I had a fish on. This went on from about 1500-1630 hours. Then the fog started settling in and it started getting cold, so I called it a day. For my first trip out it was a good time. I probably released 18 trout from 8-19 inches. The fish wanted a different presentation through out the day, so there was no exact pattern. I caught fish in all zones of the water column, but the key was the retrieve, I had to keep it steady and slow. If I increased the speed any, I didn't get a bite.

Ah and I forgot to mention I caught a flounder to complete the slam. These are a few pictures from today. Even a couple action shots.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	019.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	558273 Click image for larger version

Name:	024.jpg
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	558275 Click image for larger version

Name:	025.jpg
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	558276 Click image for larger version

Name:	026.jpg
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	558277 Click image for larger version

Name:	028.jpg
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	558278 Click image for larger version

Name:	029.jpg
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	558279
                  Attached Files
                  Son of the Republic

Comment

Nice Ditch Slam!
                    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

hey dude u did that man. sounds like a good time. Thanks for a great report!!!! my first day of the new year will be the 12th...gotta get a trip in before that school!!!!
                      "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

Comment

Working...
                      X