468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welder/trailer guys...another option for conversion???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welder/trailer guys...another option for conversion???

Motorcycle mini trailer....

Surely, the tires are built for speed. The weight capacity (600 lbs) far exceeds anything I need. What say you???

rich

You may want to read the specs again 55 max MPH and 600 lb max (car) and 200 LB max (motorcycle) towing capacity. Not sure if that compensates if you have a passenger on the bike. Also I think you would need a max weight of it loaded to check against your bike specs. good luck!
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Sorry if I didn't explain myself better. I am trying to together a skinny (43 ) inch kayak trailer. One yak. 75 lbs. Rich. P.s. I will be towing with a mini_van

Comment

Certainly a step in the right direction, do you have room in your garage for one of those 4x8 folding trailers? I'm sure some friendly welder would make you some removable racks for your yak. As a bonus you'd have a handy little trailer for hauling stuff that won't fit or you don't want in your minivan. I used to own a welding shop and I quit quoting trailer jobs pretty soon after I opened. People only look at price when trailer shopping and honestly I couldn't buy material to build a nice trailer for what other places charged for trash one. I did however make a fair bit of money fixing those cheap trailers after a few months. Everytime I'd put an add up on Craigslist for my services I'd get calls to redo tongues, reweld spring mounts, cut off bent sections, ect. How about a roof rack instead? I bet you could get a fancy one in your budget.
        When I grow up I want to be, One of the harvesters of the sea. I think before my days are done, I want to be a fisherman.

Comment

Yep, after lots of comments from some very helpful people. I am getting serious about a folding trailer. I re-arranged some things in my garage and I found that I can fit a standing-up trailer........ after I clean out a bunch of "stuff" that I should have thrown away a long time ago. .............Anyone want a pair of 35 year old ICE SKATES?????

Thanks for all of the help. Rich

************************************************** **************************************

[QUOTE=Certainly a step in the right direction, do you have room in your garage for one of those 4x8 folding trailers?

Comment

I think you'll be happy with your decision. I borrowed my boss's fold up trailer to pick up a CB 750 in Austin a while back and it did great. Pulled it as fast as my truck would go. Grease those bearings so often you think you're wasting grease and get a spare tire and it'll serve you well.
            When I grow up I want to be, One of the harvesters of the sea. I think before my days are done, I want to be a fisherman.

Comment

Working...
            X