• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redfish Tournament...

I'm going to leak some details here.

October 24, 2009
    $50/ person ($100 / team)

Guides are welcome

Side pots are going to be available (more details to come)

1st Annual Fish West End
    Redfish Showdown

Rules & Regulations
    1. All Federal and State rules and regulations will apply. Violations will result in disqualification of the entire team.
    2. A maximum of two (2) anglers per team.
    3. Guides allowed.
    4. Wade fishing is permitted within sight of other team member (200 yard max).
    5. Adult Division is per team, not to exceed 2 people per team.
    6. Fishing hours will begin at 6:00 a.m. October 24, 2009 and contestants must be in weigh-in line by 4:00 p.m. Weigh-in will begin at 3:00 p.m. Weigh-in @ TBD (Were going to try for Avery's Bayside Cafe)
    7. Artificial bait only! No tipping of hooks w/ dead bait, chumming or any other methods to attract fish are strictly forbidden and subject to disqualification. All fish must be caught on a rod and reel.
    8. No team is permitted to approach nearer than 50 yards to any other boat, unless permission has been granted.
    9. No fish may be accepted from or given to another team.
    10. Boat, Wade, Kayak or Beach fishing is all permitted within the stated boundaries.
    11. Heaviest slot reds will win (max of 2 reds / team)
    12. Participants may fish anywhere in West Bay, being any navigable waterway West of the Texas City Dike. Anglers must stay North of Pelican Island and can venture as far into West Bay as Bastrop, Chocolate Bay / Bayou and Christmas Bay. Anglers wishing to fish from the surf may fish any beachfront area between the end of the Seawall and San Luis Pass (Galveston side)
    13. All participants will be subject to polygraph testing if the need shall arise
    14. Anglers must be in the weigh in line no later than 4:00 p.m., unless you are standing in line, weigh in will close by 4:30 p.m.
    15. All fish weighed in must be within the regulations of TPWD. Any undersized or oversized fish that are turned in for weighing that are not within regulations will disqualify the team.
    16. In case of a tie, length of fish will determine the winner over weight of fish.
    17. All Weigh master’s rulings are FINAL
    18. Sponsors and organizers are not responsible for any accident or injury, nor loss, damage, or theft to any property.
    19. Trophies will be awarded to the top 5 teams along with a cash payout to the top 10 (see below).
    20. Awards & Drinks: 5PM, October 24, 2009 at TBD
    21. IN CASE OF BAD WEATHER, THIS EVENT WILL BE RESCHEDULED, IF FOR ANY REASON EVENT CANNOT BE HELD ALL ENTRY FEES WILL BE REFUNDED

Payout scale based on 50 entries as follows:

1st Place $1250.00
    2nd Place $1000.00
    3rd Place $750.00
    4th Place $500.00
    5th Place $350.00
    6th Place $250.00
    7th Place $200.00
    8th Place $150.00
    9th Place $100.00
    10th Place $50.00
    YES
    94.44%
    NO
    5.56%

The poll is expired.

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

lets do it !
    Free advice for cold beer !

Comment

I would enter if the southern boundry was HW 361 between Port Aransas and Aransas Pass.
      Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

Sounds good to me!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

JT and da Pimp are in

AQUA PIMP
          AQUA PIMP......
          "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

I'll jump in

Comment

Im in with Sneeky!
              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I'll make a donation too.

Comment

I think Team Hippie could make a showing.........
                  Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

I know I'll have some good interest from friends and work colleagues.

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                      I'm going to leak some details here.

October 24, 2009
                      $50/ person ($100 / team)

Guides are welcome

Side pots are going to be available (more details to come)

1st Annual Fish West End
                      Redfish Showdown

Rules & Regulations

1. All Federal and State rules and regulations will apply. Violations will result in disqualification of the entire team.
                      2. A maximum of two (2) anglers per team.
                      3. Guides allowed.
                      4. Wade fishing is permitted within sight of other team member (200 yard max).
                      5. Adult Division is per team, not to exceed 2 people per team.
                      6. Fishing hours will begin at 6:00 a.m. October 24, 2009 and contestants must be in weigh-in line by 4:00 p.m. Weigh-in will begin at 3:00 p.m. Weigh-in @ TBD (Were going to try for Avery's Bayside Cafe)
                      7. Artificial bait only! No tipping of hooks w/ dead bait, chumming or any other methods to attract fish are strictly forbidden and subject to disqualification. All fish must be caught on a rod and reel.
                      8. No team is permitted to approach nearer than 50 yards to any other boat, unless permission has been granted.
                      9. No fish may be accepted from or given to another team.
                      10. Boat, Wade, Kayak or Beach fishing is all permitted within the stated boundaries.
                      11. Heaviest slot reds will win (max of 2 reds / team)
                      12. Participants may fish anywhere in West Bay, being any navigable waterway West of the Texas City Dike. Anglers must stay North of Pelican Island and can venture as far into West Bay as Bastrop, Chocolate Bay / Bayou and Christmas Bay. Anglers wishing to fish from the surf may fish any beachfront area between the end of the Seawall and San Luis Pass (Galveston side)
                      13. All participants will be subject to polygraph testing if the need shall arise
                      14. Anglers must be in the weigh in line no later than 4:00 p.m., unless you are standing in line, weigh in will close by 4:30 p.m.
                      15. All fish weighed in must be within the regulations of TPWD. Any undersized or oversized fish that are turned in for weighing that are not within regulations will disqualify the team.
                      16. In case of a tie, length of fish will determine the winner over weight of fish.
                      17. All Weigh master’s rulings are FINAL
                      18. Sponsors and organizers are not responsible for any accident or injury, nor loss, damage, or theft to any property.
                      19. Trophies will be awarded to the top 5 teams along with a cash payout to the top 10 (see below).
                      20. Awards & Drinks: 5PM, October 24, 2009 at TBD
                      21. IN CASE OF BAD WEATHER, THIS EVENT WILL BE RESCHEDULED, IF FOR ANY REASON EVENT CANNOT BE HELD ALL ENTRY FEES WILL BE REFUNDED

Payout scale based on 50 entries as follows:

1st Place $1250.00
                      2nd Place $1000.00
                      3rd Place $750.00
                      4th Place $500.00
                      5th Place $350.00
                      6th Place $250.00
                      7th Place $200.00
                      8th Place $150.00
                      9th Place $100.00

10th Place $50.00
                      So we can fish "North of Pelican Island"? I am confused
                      Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Where do we pay up at?
                        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

We will have online registration on the website. You can also pay via check making them payable to "www.fishwestend.com" Or you can call me and give me a credit card over phone with a few details and an e-mail address you can have an electronic copy sent to you after the transaction (that is if you don't want to use PayPal)
                          Last edited by WestEndAngler; August 12, 2009, 08:30 AM.

Comment

sign me up. where's my fishing partner at though? She is my boat ride.
                            Last edited by Gilbert; August 13, 2009, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Whose that Gilbert?

Comment

Working...
                              X