Boil-water notice issued for western Galveston Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boil-water notice issued for western Galveston Island

A boil-water notice is in effect for Galveston Island west of 81st Street after an electrical fire damaged a pumping station that serves the area.

The notice includes Treasure Island in Brazoria County, but not Jamaica Beach.

People are instructed to boil water before using it for cooking or drinking, or to use bottled water.
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Thanks for the info!

MrsSunsoaker

Comment

What about Laffites and Pirates?

Comment

I heard about that. A co-worker in Spanish Grant was saying they didn't have water this morning.

Comment

81st to SLP is affected. Jamaica Beach has its own water pump / filtration system so they didn't go down... If you live or have a home West of 81st you have to boil water until further notice.
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Residents are instructed to turn off irrigation systems to preserve remaining water in lines.
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

don dreenk dee water Thanks for the heads up MuddSkip
              Last edited by HarryK; August 7, 2009, 11:28 AM.

Comment

THERE IS NO WATER IN JAMAICA BEACH EITHER-NEWSPAPER IS AGAIN WRONG!! That worthles POS Mayor Thomas and City Manager Leblanc didn't require the city to replace electrical circuits that went under water-but YOU were GD REQUIRED to. Vote the beotch and City Manager OUT. I really despise them!!! Worthless, truly worthless. One of the last weekends before school starts and this crap happens.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

There aint even a trickle out of the faucets-guess we gotta drop trowel somewhere else-I suggest Lyda's front yard and doorstep. She shoulda stayed in Cuba FOREVER!
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I heard it is suppossed to be back on by 2.

Lets just go to michelles new place and shower; maybe even eat and spend the night. I dont think she would mind.

Comment

I got 7 folks at mt house alojne-that aint counting my parents and 2 other brothers (Darrell and Darrell).

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                        There aint even a trickle out of the faucets-guess we gotta drop trowel somewhere else-I suggest Lyda's front yard and doorstep. She shoulda stayed in Cuba FOREVER!
                        Robalo go drop trowel at that the palm tree dumper dudes house,if you need water i will drive you some in.
                        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                          Robalo go drop trowel at that the palm tree dumper dudes house,if you need water i will drive you some in.
                          boil that water for the big blues deano!
                          MANVEL MOB

Comment

good luck to yall
                            MANVEL MOB

Comment

chit happens.......
                              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
                              X