Early Spring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Spring?

Going to have to start riding my bike down to the seawall and look for baitfish in the rollers. Signs of them and water temps rising will be key to my favorite fishing. Wading the surf with the cow rays and the blacktips is right around the corner. Amen.

Could e an early spring, long-range forecasts do not show any amount of cold weather coming. Good luck with the bike, how's the leg doing? Hope with the early spring does not come a really hot summer!

Comment

My leg is slowly getting better, Mr. Buddy. Need to soak it in that gulf brine. Thanks for asking and run as fast as you can from a brown recuse if you see one around. Sneeky little chits can bring a lot of misery. As far as a hot summer I know there's global warming but the hotter the water the more trout in the surf thermocline.jmo.

Comment

heck.. winter aint' over yet..this is texas... ok, but it did get to 80 last week.. so this aint right.
        TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

it will be 80 this weekend.

Comment

I'm with Harvey, I can't wait to be getting in the surf. I had surgery on my leg last May and was under strict orders from Mama to keep the leg out of the water (too many articles about flesh eating virus) so I missed most of last summer.

Comment

I'll be right there with you brother! Glad ur doing better. Let me know when you are able to go after 'em again. Me and Robert are chasing them again tomorrow. Got out this afternoon by myself and got 6 quick ones between 3 and 4:30.
              Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
              "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Termo View Post
                I'll be right there with you brother! Glad ur doing better. Let me know when you are able to go after 'em again. Me and Robert are chasing them again tomorrow. Got out this afternoon by myself and got 6 quick ones between 3 and 4:30.
                I thought my friend was right about a late evening bite. 6 in an hour and something is damn good. I'll be ready on Monday if I have to drag myself on the boat. What an outstanding reef we get to fish, Termo. Thanks for showing me that area. Dan don't worry about the bacteria in the surf. The currents and wave action is less condusive than the water in the bay systems. My trigger finger is itching bad. Need to work my Hogies.

Comment

Look forward to it Bro! Hope the wind lays down by then. We postponed our trip till this evening because of it.
                  Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                  "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

cant wait for the surf to heat up again! wont be long the azaleas are blooming already.
                    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post
                      cant wait for the surf to heat up again! wont be long the azaleas are blooming already.
                      Ain't it sweet, Dano. Baseball and wading the surf. Priceless.

Comment

Working...
                      X