2013 Crab Trap Cleanup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Crab Trap Cleanup

Starting Feb. 16 and continuing through Feb. 24, all Texas bays will be closed for crabbing. Any traps left in the water will be assumed to be abandoned and considered “litter” under state law. This allows volunteers to legally remove any crab traps they find. For the last 4-5 years members of FishWestEnd have rallied together in order to cleanup the areas we fish! Here are some pics from previous years.

You can pick them up and drop them off at any collection point.

FM 2004 Bridge / Chocolate Bayou or Fat Boys under the Causeway.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

2013 Crab Trap Cleanup

What's done with the traps
    Karma's a beach.

Comment

Originally posted by Xpress89 View Post
      What's done with the traps
      Throw away, disposed of or you can keep it I guess, but you are suppose to remove them because they are considered litter.

Comment

2013 Crab Trap Cleanup

Ill be at it again with the kids!
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
          Ill be at it again with the kids!
          Have to potlick you. You seem to know where all the best litter is...
          At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Oleander Kayaker View Post
            Have to potlick you. You seem to know where all the best litter is...
            I'd be interested in hitching a ride with you.
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I believe the crab trap cleanup starts Friday, Feb 15th. If you go to a manned drop site on Saturday, 16th, they might have blue tarps and gloves to use. If you can get that tarp down before you start it really helps on cleaning up the mess.

Comment

I would love to tag along, my aluminum boat doesn't have much room for cargo, so if anyone wants a hand, shoot me a PM.

Comment

2013 Crab Trap Cleanup

I would like to help, but i dont have any water craft.

Comment

2013 Crab Trap Cleanup

Think i may help with the galveston bay foundation down on trinity. May walk the shore line and look for them. Hoping to be able to fish at the same time.

Comment

2013 Crab Trap Cleanup

Headed down to fort anahuac park to help the galveston bay foundation on the shore. Is it worth bringing my wading setup with me, so i can kill some time while waiting the boats? Thinking of taking my rod and belt with a few lures so i can kill time while waiting.

Comment

Don't forget if you find a legal stone crab in them you can keep the biggest claw.Can't keep anything else though.You are not supposed to keep the traps either.
                        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by nokatchin View Post
                          Don't forget if you find a legal stone crab in them you can keep the biggest claw.Can't keep anything else though.You are not supposed to keep the traps either.
                          I didnt think this was true! If it is I'm gonna be eating good!
                          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by 76794p View Post
                            Headed down to fort anahuac park to help the galveston bay foundation on the shore. Is it worth bringing my wading setup with me, so i can kill some time while waiting the boats? Thinking of taking my rod and belt with a few lures so i can kill time while waiting.
                            Take your stuff -- you never know
                            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

2013 Crab Trap Cleanup

Removed 8-10 traps yesterday from Trinity area. Jamin was with me and helped out.

Comment

Working...
                              X