Happy Mardi Gras Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Mardi Gras Everyone!

Do you know what it means . . . to miss New Orleans? There are so many reasons I moved to Texas, but one of the many things I do miss about home is Mardi Gras. On this day, I still wake up early. I was up this morning at 5am. Back home, I'd be staking out my spot on St. Charles Avenue right now. Parades all day long, getting pelted by throws from family members in Rex. Popeye's chicken with all the fixin's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The people watching, and so much fun you'd actually be too tired to argue when it all shut down at midnight. Business as usual in most other places in the world. But there, the largest free party in the world. Have a great Mardi Gras everyone!
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Happy Fat Tuesday Coach!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Ok man, next year lets pack up and head over there! Never done it, bout time I did.
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I agree 100% Coach. Nothing else like it in the world. Come as you are, leave different.

Comment

I'm lucky I lived there for 5 years and yes COach what a city . I miss living there boy was it some fun ! I got to go get me some Popeyes for lunch now !!!!
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Yeah I miss NOLA as well. Went to LSU in the 90's and every year we used to head down to take in the festivities. I miss Louisiana my self. People are great and respect everyone.
            Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
            (AKA Evans Marine Services)
            4340 19th St.
            Bacliff, Texas 77518
            http://evansmarine.net
            http://boatwerxtx.com
            main@boatwerxtx.com
            281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

Working...
            X