Howdy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy

Howdy Folks. I have been reading your comments and looking at your fishing pics for about a month now and decided to join up. I have not fished West Bay since I lived down in Houston between 1976 and 1983. Back then I fished just about all the south shoreline, either wading or drifting in a 16 foot Lone Star aluminum boat with a 10 horse kicker on it, all the way to the Pass. Boy did we catch the fish back then. Probably a lot more than we do now from my dads $50K center console shallow runner rig. I remember going down to the end of Sportsman Road and wading out all day, catching flounder, reds, and trout. I see on google earth that area is all built up now, as I am sure a lot of my old stomping grounds are. Also fished a lot around Carranchua (sp?) Reef and Carranchua Pass, and various other places I can’t remember now. I am currently a civilian contractor embedded with the US Army in southern Afghanistan. My leave is coming up the first part of May and my wife and I plan on being down on West Bay for about a week sometimes after 04MAY. I am going to drag a kayak down and see if I might be able to stumble on a fish or two while I am down there.Anyhow, I enjoy your comments and your pictures. Adios and good fishin.
    "If you are not shooting, you should be reloading. If you are not reloading, you should be moving. If you are not moving, someone is going to cut your head off and put it on a stick."

Fishing should be wide open when you come down.

That old Lonestar would work fine, but you'll enjoy the kayak fishing. It has changed a lot since the 70s.

Stay safe in Afghanistan.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Howdy

Welcome aboard! Come home safe and get some fish!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Welcome! Stay safe and get back home ASAP, the fish are already biting!
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Welcome!
          KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Welcome to the site. Some of your old places may have built up, but they still hold fish, keep your head down!

Comment

Welcome
              Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
              (AKA Evans Marine Services)
              4340 19th St.
              Bacliff, Texas 77518
              http://evansmarine.net
              http://boatwerxtx.com
              main@boatwerxtx.com
              281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment