Question about pilings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about pilings

My folks are in the process of closing on a house in JB. The inspector said a few of the pilings need to be replaced and that the cost is about $750-$1000 per piling. Is this pricing correct and is there any difference in price between pilings in the water (for the deck/boatslip) and the ones used for the actual house over land? Also, is there a sponsor on FWE that does this work? Thanks for the info in advance.
    What Would Hans Wagemueller Do?

Question about pilings

Are you talking about support pilings for the house? If so then I can't imagine it being cheap to remove and replace one. The actual cost of the pilings is not that bad. You can call Kemah hardware and price treated ones just to get an idea. The labor is what's gonna get ya. I think code these days has them as far in the ground as they are out - talk about pain in the arse!
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I hear that the going rate installed for a pier or boathouse is around $900 each.

Contact Capt. Greg(Aqua Pimp) I think he has the hook-up.(no pun intended)lol
      "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

Matlock Marine is who I used. Yes, you can replace under the house-they just dig a wider, bigger hole after jacking up the one to be replaced. I think I paid about 800 for the big pilings-8 for my boathouse, plus about 10 6x6 for support of dock deck. Neighbor next to me had his done same time I had mine done (he didn't use Matlock) and they didn't put in enough dock deck supports and their decking around boathouse is already leaning-done in 2005.

Welcome to Jamaica Beach.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Call Gordon Guffin. He built our house in JB and lives there. (409) 789-5868.

Comment

Originally posted by dreilly View Post
            Call Gordon Guffin. He built our house in JB and lives there. (409) 789-5868.
            Do you live on Bucaneer?
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

The house is older & grand fathered so the pilings don't have to be driven very deep. I don't think you could anyway unless it was on the perimeter.
              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Call Billy Matlock 409-682-4777. He just did 3 for me last week and I am very happy with the work. To completely replace one in the water it's about $1500 to $1700 each. Will be more if they have to remove boat house skirting and replace skirting or parts of the dock. We did not have ours replaced. We had 3 new pilings sistered in beside the original piling. This runs about $800 per piling. Had 3 estimates done and all were pretty close. Call me if you have any questions 409-939-1684.

AQUA PIMP
                AQUA PIMP......
                "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Good advice from the Pimpster. To pull a piling is often expensive because you have to jet it out of the sandy mud. Hammering a new one home is half the price of a replacement. Without a picture it's hard to see what you're looking at. I doubt the inspector was talking about a house on stilts because that's some major money there, including re-leveling.

Comment

Thanks for the info fellas. It's hard for me to know the extact issues as well. I mainly wanted to check if the inspector was talking out his alpha sierra sierra, and to see if y'all have a particular guy/company you suggest. I appreciate y'all throwing your two cents in on my limited info. Thanks again.
                    What Would Hans Wagemueller Do?

Comment

Working...
                    X